I’ve learned that Universal Cable Prods. VP Tom Lieber is leaving the company. Under UCP’s previous management structure, development was split to three areas — projects for USA, overseen by SVP Richard Rothstein, for Syfy, headed by Lieber, and for outside networks, run by SVP Maira Suro, who left a year ago. In the recent restructuring, veteran producer Dawn Parouse Olmstead (Prison Break) was brought in to lead UCP’s development team as the studio is ramping up operations under Jeff Wachtel, President and Chief Content Officer at NBCU Cable Entertainment, while Rothstein was put in charge of the studio’s current scripted series. Lieber is leaving to join Syfy/UCP’s drama Dominion, which he had been shepherding for the studio. He asked to be relieved from his duties at the studio and will be based in South Africa where the series is filmed.
Tom Lieber Departs Universal Cable Prods, Joins ‘Dominion’ As Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
Latest TV News
- Joe Biden Spot Pains CNN, Which Hoped He Would Headline Tonight’s Debate
- Lena Dunham 1960s Feminism Comedy Starring Lisa Joyce Gets HBO Pilot Order
- FX’s ‘Fargo’ Ratings Cold In Return On New Night Against NFL & ESPN
- Harry Connick Jr Syndicated Daytime Variety Show Set For Fall 2016 Launch On Fox Stations
- AMC Networks Shares Hit By ‘Walking Dead’ Ratings Drop, But Is It Overkill?
- Participant Media Taps David Linde To Be CEO