I’ve learned that Universal Cable Prods. VP Tom Lieber is leaving the company. Under UCP’s previous management structure, development was split to three areas — projects for USA, overseen by SVP Richard Rothstein, for Syfy, headed by Lieber, and for outside networks, run by SVP Maira Suro, who left a year ago. In the recent restructuring, veteran producer Dawn Parouse Olmstead (Prison Break) was brought in to lead UCP’s development team as the studio is ramping up operations under Jeff Wachtel, President and Chief Content Officer at NBCU Cable Entertainment, while Rothstein was put in charge of the studio’s current scripted series. Lieber is leaving to join Syfy/UCP’s drama Dominion, which he had been shepherding for the studio. He asked to be relieved from his duties at the studio and will be based in South Africa where the series is filmed.
Tom Lieber Departs Universal Cable Prods, Joins ‘Dominion’ As Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel