I’ve learned that Universal Cable Prods. VP Tom Lieber is leaving the company. Under UCP’s previous management structure, development was split to three areas — projects for USA, overseen by SVP Richard Rothstein, for Syfy, headed by Lieber, and for outside networks, run by SVP Maira Suro, who left a year ago. In the recent restructuring, veteran producer Dawn Parouse Olmstead (Prison Break) was brought in to lead UCP’s development team as the studio is ramping up operations under Jeff Wachtel, President and Chief Content Officer at NBCU Cable Entertainment, while Rothstein was put in charge of the studio’s current scripted series. Lieber is leaving to join Syfy/UCP’s drama Dominion, which he had been shepherding for the studio. He asked to be relieved from his duties at the studio and will be based in South Africa where the series is filmed.
Tom Lieber Departs Universal Cable Prods, Joins ‘Dominion’ As Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'