Marvel‘s follow-up to The Avengers has found another villain: It’s Thomas Kretschmann, the German actor who plays Van Helsing in NBC’s upcoming series Dracula. His deal has been sealed now we’ve been told and he joins James Spader on the bad guy list for The Avengers: Age Of Ultron; Spader was cast as Ultron back in August. Kretschmann’s film credits include roles in Tom Cruise’s 2008 Valkyrie and most recently Stalingrad, the highest-grossing Russian in history that is getting an IMAX run in the U.S. in February. The Joss Whedeon pic already has Aaron Johnson and Elisabeth Olsen aboard as new superheroes Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, respectively, among the full cast returning from the first mega-blockbuster. Disney has given the sequel a May 1, 2015 release date.
Thomas Kretschmann Joins ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Cast
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'