Marvel‘s follow-up to The Avengers has found another villain: It’s Thomas Kretschmann, the German actor who plays Van Helsing in NBC’s upcoming series Dracula. His deal has been sealed now we’ve been told and he joins James Spader on the bad guy list for The Avengers: Age Of Ultron; Spader was cast as Ultron back in August. Kretschmann’s film credits include roles in Tom Cruise’s 2008 Valkyrie and most recently Stalingrad, the highest-grossing Russian in history that is getting an IMAX run in the U.S. in February. The Joss Whedeon pic already has Aaron Johnson and Elisabeth Olsen aboard as new superheroes Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, respectively, among the full cast returning from the first mega-blockbuster. Disney has given the sequel a May 1, 2015 release date.
Thomas Kretschmann Joins ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video
- Graham Norton, 'Modern Family' Lead British Comedy Awards; Sony TV Ad Sales Inks With Jewish Life TV