Marvel‘s follow-up to The Avengers has found another villain: It’s Thomas Kretschmann, the German actor who plays Van Helsing in NBC’s upcoming series Dracula. His deal has been sealed now we’ve been told and he joins James Spader on the bad guy list for The Avengers: Age Of Ultron; Spader was cast as Ultron back in August. Kretschmann’s film credits include roles in Tom Cruise’s 2008 Valkyrie and most recently Stalingrad, the highest-grossing Russian in history that is getting an IMAX run in the U.S. in February. The Joss Whedeon pic already has Aaron Johnson and Elisabeth Olsen aboard as new superheroes Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, respectively, among the full cast returning from the first mega-blockbuster. Disney has given the sequel a May 1, 2015 release date.
Thomas Kretschmann Joins ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Cast
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company
- Ghost-Hunter Drama Set To Haunt BBC America & BBC One
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Heads To Hulu Plus
- Courtney B. Vance & James Remar Join 'State Of Affairs'; Jennifer Hasty Takes 'Selfie'
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'