What happens when getting away for the weekend to save your marriage could end up destroying it? That’s what Charlie McDowell‘s directorial debut The One I Love explores; the pic , world premieres here Tuesday. “I’ve always loved films that take authentic-feeling characters and put them in a situation that is unusual, bordering on surreal, much like Charlie Kaufman and Spike Jonze view a relationship,” McDowell told me. “The hope is that this film takes something universal, the complexities of a relationship on the outs, but explores it in a unique and fresh way.” Elisabeth Moss and Sundance staple Mark Duplass star in the Justin Lader-penned pic. Duplass is also in town as an executive producer on the Kristen Wiig-Bill Hader drama The Skeleton Twins that bows today, while Moss co-stars in Listen Up Philip which premieres Monday in the NEXT section. Here’s a clip from The One I Love:
Hot Sundance Clip: ‘The One I Love’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Dealmaking Campaign?
- Joe Wright In Talks To Board ‘The Lifeboat’ With Anne Hathaway, Working Title & Focus Features
- Imax Shares Leap As It Announces Hong Kong IPO Plan
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs