Rich Sirop has been officially announced as executive producer of NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution’s The Meredith Vieira Show, which has been cleared in 90% of the country for a national broadcast syndication launch this fall. Sirop, who had been quietly working on the show since July, previously was the executive producer/showrunner of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire from 2010-13 and spent a total of 11 years on the syndicated game show that was hosted by Vieira. “Having worked together in daytime TV for over a decade, Meredith and Rich have tremendous chemistry and a wonderful, creative working relationship which will be essential for the success of the show,” said NBCUDTD’s EVP Valerie Schaer. The Meredith Vieira Show will originate from 30 Rockefeller Center. Sirop comes from a game show background, having also worked on the network version of Millionaire, CBS’ Million Dollar Password, GSN’s Chain Reaction and VH1’s World Series Of Pop Culture. His only talk show credit is a brief stint on Tom Bergeron’s Fox After Breakfast at the very beginning of his career almost two decades ago.
‘The Meredith Vieira Show’ Announces Executive Producer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres