Rich Sirop has been officially announced as executive producer of NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution’s The Meredith Vieira Show, which has been cleared in 90% of the country for a national broadcast syndication launch this fall. Sirop, who had been quietly working on the show since July, previously was the executive producer/showrunner of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire from 2010-13 and spent a total of 11 years on the syndicated game show that was hosted by Vieira. “Having worked together in daytime TV for over a decade, Meredith and Rich have tremendous chemistry and a wonderful, creative working relationship which will be essential for the success of the show,” said NBCUDTD’s EVP Valerie Schaer. The Meredith Vieira Show will originate from 30 Rockefeller Center. Sirop comes from a game show background, having also worked on the network version of Millionaire, CBS’ Million Dollar Password, GSN’s Chain Reaction and VH1’s World Series Of Pop Culture. His only talk show credit is a brief stint on Tom Bergeron’s Fox After Breakfast at the very beginning of his career almost two decades ago.
‘The Meredith Vieira Show’ Announces Executive Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Allison Janney Revives C.J. Cregg For White House Press Briefing
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV