Even though Comic-Con god Edgar Wright is directing, and Paul Rudd set as Scott Lang and Michael Douglas playing Hank Pym, Marvel Studios‘ Ant-Man movie still has me wondering if a guy capable of shrinking and communicating with insects warrants a movie franchise — especially with Rudd, who is so identified with comedy. The folks at IGN.com have helpfully sent me an Ant-Man primer, featuring the character’s various incarnations from the Marvel comics. From what I observed, the Pym version is a certifiable basket case, a complicated dude with inadequacy problems, a temper, and penchant for hitting women. And the Hank Pym version of the character, in helmet and costume, looks vaguely phallic. I remain unconvinced. What do you think?
The History Of Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man:’ Troubled Wife Beater, Creator Of Avengers And Ultron; Maybe Marvel Is On To Something?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Towards Future Of Paramount
- ‘Han Solo Star Wars’ Movie Underway: First Look
- SXSW 2017: Bob Odenkirk, Chris Hardwick & Whitney Cummings Among Lineup For Comedy Festival
- ‘Atlanta’s Bryan Tyree Henry Joins ‘White Boy Rick’