Even though Comic-Con god Edgar Wright is directing, and Paul Rudd set as Scott Lang and Michael Douglas playing Hank Pym, Marvel Studios‘ Ant-Man movie still has me wondering if a guy capable of shrinking and communicating with insects warrants a movie franchise — especially with Rudd, who is so identified with comedy. The folks at IGN.com have helpfully sent me an Ant-Man primer, featuring the character’s various incarnations from the Marvel comics. From what I observed, the Pym version is a certifiable basket case, a complicated dude with inadequacy problems, a temper, and penchant for hitting women. And the Hank Pym version of the character, in helmet and costume, looks vaguely phallic. I remain unconvinced. What do you think?
The History Of Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man:’ Troubled Wife Beater, Creator Of Avengers And Ultron; Maybe Marvel Is On To Something?
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Latest Film News
- Cannes Winner ‘The Square’ Is Sweden’s Foreign Language Oscar Pick
- Lorenzo Di Bonaventura Develops Graphic Novel IP ‘Guntown’ That Looks At Both Sides Of Gun Debate
- Christopher MacBride Set To Adapt Graphic Novel ‘A.D. After Death’ For Immersive Pics, Sony
- Robert Downey Jr. Warns Fans To Avoid Online Impersonators Looking For Cash
- Sony Snags Horror Thriller Spec ‘Nightlight’ From ‘Tragedy Girls’ Duo
- Julianne Moore To Be Feted By MOMA