In the original announcement, Fox‘s drama Gotham was described as the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon and the villains who made Gotham City famous. Fox chairman Kevin Reilly today announced that the series will include all of the classic Batman villains as well as heroes, including young Bruce Wayne. “The show will arc a young Bruce Wayne from a child (around 12) into the final episode of the series, when he will put on the cape,” he said. Also on tap are the Riddler, Catwoman, the Joker and the Penguin. “We will see how they get to become who they are as Gotham is teetering on the edge,” Reilly said. “It is an operatic soap that has a slightly larger-than-life quality.” Reilly also confirmed that Gotham, originally bought with a series commitment, has a greenlighted pilot (Danny Cannon is directing), and is setting up a writers room in mid-February with the full intention to go to series. The series hails from Warner Bros TV and The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller.
TCA: Fox’s ‘Gotham’ Series Will Feature All Classic Batman Characters, Including Bruce Wayne
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips