The Marvel Comics character Deathlok will appear on ABC‘s Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. beginning next month, Marvel TV chief Jeph Loeb said today during the show’s TCA set visit presentation. The character Mike Peterson, played by J August Richards on the series, will become the cyborg. “We’ve been leaving breadcrumbs along the way,” Loeb said. “This is a major Marvel character appearing on TV, on film for the first time.” Earlier in the presentation, Loeb showed footage of Bill Paxton on the series; he is joining for “several episodes” playing Agent John Garret. It was also confirmed that comic creator Stan Lee will appear in a cameo on the February 4 episode. Also coming aboard is the character of Lorelei (played by Elene Satine), a villain from Thor’s home of Asgard; footage was shown of her and another Thor character, Lady Sif (Jaime Alexander), facing off. “You are in the back half of the movie,” executive producer Jeff Bell said of the remaining episodes of the season. Added Loeb: “We set it up, now we’re going to pull the trigger.”
TCA: Deathlok & Lorelei Characters Joining ‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
- SAG-AFTRA Disputes Trump's Claim That News Media Is "Enemy Of The American People"