EXClUSIVE: Tony-nominated actress Tammy Blanchard has landed a series regular role on FX series Hoke, the darkly comedic drama series adapted by Scott Frank (Get Shorty, Out Of Sight) from Charles Willeford’s detective novels Sideswipe, New Hope For The Dead and The Way We Die Now. Paul Giamatti stars as Hoke Moseley, the hardboiled homicide detective hero of Willeford’s novels who investigates crimes while wrestling with his own mid-life crisis in 1980s Miami. Blanchard will play Loretta Hickey, the striking mother of a murdered drug addict whose case Hoke investigates and a key character in Willeford’s second Hoke Moseley book, New Hope For The Dead. Blanchard recently filmed the role of Florinda in Disney’s Into the Woods musical film adaptation. She’s repped by Soffer/Namoff and the Gersh Agency.
Tammy Blanchard Joins FX’s ‘Hoke’ Opposite Paul Giamatti
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Lake Bell To Helm 'Emperor's Children'; Jack Kilmer Joins 'Stanford Prison Experiment'; 'The Finest Hours' Adds 'Outlander's…
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead Thriller 'Faults' Goes To Screen Media
- Magnet Snags Teen Horror Pic 'Satanic'
- Sarah Wayne Callies Joins Nicolas Cage Thriller 'Pay The Ghost'
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead Set For Bad Robot & Paramount Insurge's 'The Cellar'
- Jorge Michel Grau To 'Curse The Darkness' For SpectreVision