The rumor is true: Nymphomaniac Part 1, The first salvo in Danish provocateur Lars von Trier‘s epic sex-o-rama, has been revealed as the surprise film showing tonight at Sundance. The most internationally anticipated film to come out of Denmark this year, the Magnolia pic will hit North American theaters March 21 after premiering on-demand March 6. Nymphomaniac Part 2 comes hither April 18 following an April 3 VOD release. An uncut version will have its world premiere out of competition at next month’s Berlin International Film Festival. The pic — a two-part, four-hour version of which bowed on Christmas Day in Denmark — was met with praise from local reviewers and scored a co-leading six nominations for the Bodil Prize, the country’s film awards. Then there was that O-rific and unforgettable — read: can’t be unseen once seen — poster the Danish film critics association posed for to plug the Bodils.
Sundance: ‘Nymphomaniac Part 1’ Is Tonight’s Mystery Screening
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Sharp Objects' Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
Latest Film News
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2018 – Part 2: John Legend, Jeffrey Wright, Alia Shawkat, Jay Ellis & More
- Andrea Nevins Documents Moment Of Barbie’s Transformation With ‘Tiny Shoulders’ — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $216M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…
- ‘The Caretaker’ Filmmakers Launch VR Company Hidden Content At Tribeca
- Sarasota Film Festival Caps 20th Anniversary Edition With Jury Prizes For ‘I Am Not A Witch’ And ‘Minding The Gap…
- British Politicians Urge Inclusion Riders To Be Introduced To Secure Film & High-End TV Tax Relief