The rumor is true: Nymphomaniac Part 1, The first salvo in Danish provocateur Lars von Trier‘s epic sex-o-rama, has been revealed as the surprise film showing tonight at Sundance. The most internationally anticipated film to come out of Denmark this year, the Magnolia pic will hit North American theaters March 21 after premiering on-demand March 6. Nymphomaniac Part 2 comes hither April 18 following an April 3 VOD release. An uncut version will have its world premiere out of competition at next month’s Berlin International Film Festival. The pic — a two-part, four-hour version of which bowed on Christmas Day in Denmark — was met with praise from local reviewers and scored a co-leading six nominations for the Bodil Prize, the country’s film awards. Then there was that O-rific and unforgettable — read: can’t be unseen once seen — poster the Danish film critics association posed for to plug the Bodils.
Sundance: ‘Nymphomaniac Part 1′ Is Tonight’s Mystery Screening
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video