The rumor is true: Nymphomaniac Part 1, The first salvo in Danish provocateur Lars von Trier‘s epic sex-o-rama, has been revealed as the surprise film showing tonight at Sundance. The most internationally anticipated film to come out of Denmark this year, the Magnolia pic will hit North American theaters March 21 after premiering on-demand March 6. Nymphomaniac Part 2 comes hither April 18 following an April 3 VOD release. An uncut version will have its world premiere out of competition at next month’s Berlin International Film Festival. The pic — a two-part, four-hour version of which bowed on Christmas Day in Denmark — was met with praise from local reviewers and scored a co-leading six nominations for the Bodil Prize, the country’s film awards. Then there was that O-rific and unforgettable — read: can’t be unseen once seen — poster the Danish film critics association posed for to plug the Bodils.
Sundance: ‘Nymphomaniac Part 1’ Is Tonight’s Mystery Screening
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City's Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Pinewood Studios In $425 Million Takeover Deal With U.S. Property Fund Venus Grafton
- Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz…
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’