The rumor is true: Nymphomaniac Part 1, The first salvo in Danish provocateur Lars von Trier‘s epic sex-o-rama, has been revealed as the surprise film showing tonight at Sundance. The most internationally anticipated film to come out of Denmark this year, the Magnolia pic will hit North American theaters March 21 after premiering on-demand March 6. Nymphomaniac Part 2 comes hither April 18 following an April 3 VOD release. An uncut version will have its world premiere out of competition at next month’s Berlin International Film Festival. The pic — a two-part, four-hour version of which bowed on Christmas Day in Denmark — was met with praise from local reviewers and scored a co-leading six nominations for the Bodil Prize, the country’s film awards. Then there was that O-rific and unforgettable — read: can’t be unseen once seen — poster the Danish film critics association posed for to plug the Bodils.
Sundance: ‘Nymphomaniac Part 1′ Is Tonight’s Mystery Screening
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…