No deal is done but Lionsgate looks to be the front-runner to snag comedic fright flick Cooties at the Sundance Film Festival. Sources say negotiations on the film starring Elijah Wood and Rainn Wilson are ongoing. Cooties premiered on January 18 in the festival’s Midnight section. Produced by Wood, Daniel Noah and Josh Waller’s SpectreVision, Cooties is the feature directorial debut of Jonathan Milott and Cary Murnion from a script by Leigh Whannell and Ian Brennan. Paradigm are repping the fimmakers.
Sundance: Lionsgate Getting Close To Catching ‘Cooties’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Patten
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit