Mark Rosenberg, director of the upcoming film Ad Inexplorata, is the winner of this year’s Sundance Institute/NHK Award. The annual award recognizes and supports a visionary filmmaker on his or her next film. Sundance Institute staff work closely with the winner throughout the year, providing creative and strategic support through the development, financing and production of their films. Ad Inexplorata is a multi-media fictional story about Captain William D. Stanaforth, an astronaut alone on a one-way mission toward the unknown. Mark Strong is attached to star in the lead role. Previous winners of this award include Beasts Of The Southern Wild by Benh Zeitlin and Cherien Dabis’ May In The Summer, which had its world premiere at last year’s Sundance Film Festival.
Sundance Institute/NHK Award Goes To Mark Rosenberg
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'