Mark Rosenberg, director of the upcoming film Ad Inexplorata, is the winner of this year’s Sundance Institute/NHK Award. The annual award recognizes and supports a visionary filmmaker on his or her next film. Sundance Institute staff work closely with the winner throughout the year, providing creative and strategic support through the development, financing and production of their films. Ad Inexplorata is a multi-media fictional story about Captain William D. Stanaforth, an astronaut alone on a one-way mission toward the unknown. Mark Strong is attached to star in the lead role. Previous winners of this award include Beasts Of The Southern Wild by Benh Zeitlin and Cherien Dabis’ May In The Summer, which had its world premiere at last year’s Sundance Film Festival.
Sundance Institute/NHK Award Goes To Mark Rosenberg
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awards News
- Oscars & The New York Film Festival: How Will The Big Apple Event Affect The Race?
- Nicholl Fellowship Screenwriter Winners Unveiled
- Caucus For Producers, Writers & Directors Unveils Honorees & Nominees
- David Rubin Set To Produce 2016 Governors Awards
- YouTube To Live Stream 2016 Streamy Awards
- Emmys: Liberty Media Chairman John Malone Among Engineering Award Honorees