One day before Hellion has its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival, its star has gotten some big new friends through his onscreen father. Josh Wiggins has signed with UTA and Leverage Management. Playing Jacob, Wiggins co-stars in the film, which debuts in Park City on Friday, with Aaron Paul. The Breaking Bad actor, who is a co-EP on Hellion, plays Jacob’s widowed father. Paul is also repped by UTA and Leverage. Juliette Lewis also stars in the film. Discovered by director Kat Candler from YouTube videos Wiggins made with pals, the dysfunctional family drama is the first professional acting gig by the 15-year old from Texas. “Josh had never acted before, and in every single take he blew me away. He really had an instinctual grasp of the character which helped set the tone for the entire shoot,” said Candler in a statement today. Hellion is based on Candler’s short film that screened at Sundance two years ago. The film is produced by Kelly Williams & Jonathan Duffy and executive produced by Jeff Nichols and Sarah Green. UTA is handling worldwide sales on Hellion.
Sundance: ‘Hellion’s Josh Wiggins Signs With UTA & Leverage
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’
- CBS Films Sets Boston Marathon Bombing Pic ‘Patriots’ Day'; Mark Wahlberg Eyes Police Commish Ed Davis Role