EXCLUSIVE: A24 is hot on the trail of its third film acquisition of the Sundance Film Festival. I’m hearing the label is near a deal for U.S. rights to Life After Beth, a Jeff Baena-written and -directed comedy that stars Aubrey Plaza, John C. Reilly, Dane DeHaan, Paul Reiser, and Anna Kendrick. This is going down as part of a deal for international territories that will bring the price to around $3.5 million for all the deals. It includes a DirectTV component that is part of A24’s partnership. The logline: Zach is devastated by the unexpected death of his girlfriend, Beth. When she mysteriously returns, he gets a second chance at love as his world is upended. WME Global and CAA repped the film, which is in the U.S. Dramatic Competition and made its debut last Sunday at the Library Theatre. XYZ is brokering the foreign deals. Stay tuned. The film is financed by Starstream Entertainment and Abbolita Productions, and is produced by Liz Destro and Michael Zakin of American Zoetrope, with whom A24 worked on The Bling Ring.
Sundance: A24 Nearing Domestic Deal On ‘Life After Beth’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount