EXCLUSIVE: A24 is hot on the trail of its third film acquisition of the Sundance Film Festival. I’m hearing the label is near a deal for U.S. rights to Life After Beth, a Jeff Baena-written and -directed comedy that stars Aubrey Plaza, John C. Reilly, Dane DeHaan, Paul Reiser, and Anna Kendrick. This is going down as part of a deal for international territories that will bring the price to around $3.5 million for all the deals. It includes a DirectTV component that is part of A24’s partnership. The logline: Zach is devastated by the unexpected death of his girlfriend, Beth. When she mysteriously returns, he gets a second chance at love as his world is upended. WME Global and CAA repped the film, which is in the U.S. Dramatic Competition and made its debut last Sunday at the Library Theatre. XYZ is brokering the foreign deals. Stay tuned. The film is financed by Starstream Entertainment and Abbolita Productions, and is produced by Liz Destro and Michael Zakin of American Zoetrope, with whom A24 worked on The Bling Ring.
Sundance: A24 Nearing Domestic Deal On ‘Life After Beth’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies