Former BBC Worldwide president and managing director Steve Macallister has been appointed CEO Zodiak Rights, the international sales and distribution arm of Zodiak Media. The exec is replacing Matthew Frank who is stepping down after 20 years. Frank originally joined the group when it was fledgling indie RDF which was founded by his brother David Frank. RDF was acquired in 2010 by Zodiak and became Zodiak Rights. David Frank left the role of CEO of Zodiak Media in October 2013 and was replaced by Marc-Antoine d’Halluin. Commenting on the departing Matthew Frank, d’Halluin said, “The scale of what Matthew has achieved over the last 20 years is remarkable, and I know he will be missed on both a professional and personal level and I wish him all the best. He leaves behind an incredibly successful and reputable business and I have every confidence that Steve will now take the company to its next phase.” Macallister joined BBC Worldwide in 2007 and prior to that managed the distribution business for Disney ABC International Television in Asia Pacific. He left the BBC in March 2013 as the commercial arm was shifting the management of sales and distribution to the regional level. Zodiak Media’s properties include Millennium, Wife Swap, The Inbetweeners, Totally Spies and The Returned.
Steve Macallister Named Zodiak Rights CEO To Replace Departing Matthew Frank
What's Hot on Deadline
'South Park's Donald Trump Argues That Vote For Hillary Clinton Is Vote Against New 'Star Wars' Movie
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest International News
- UK High Court Orders ISPs To Block 13 Piracy Websites
- Viacom Board Poised To Give CEO Job To International Networks Chief Bob Bakish
- Peter Bart: Euros Baffled By U.S. Mega-Deals, But Still Hustle For U.S. Tourists
- FilmNation Boards Marc Webb-Directed ‘The Only Living Boy In New York’
- ‘Shameless’ Actor Cameron Monaghan Set To Star In ‘The White Devil’
- ‘Walking Dead’ Season 7 Debut Up 34% Internationally