EXCLUSIVE: This is a cool casting. The UK’s resident renaissance man, popular British actor/comedian/writer/game show host Stephen Fry, has been tapped for a high-profile recurring role in Fox’s event series 24: Live Another Day, which will premiere May 5. The next chapter in the 24 franchise, from 20th TV, Imagine TV and Teakwood Lane, picks up the story four years after the series finale, which left Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) as a fugitive from justice, this time in London. Fry will play Prime Minister Trevor Davies, a strong and charismatic leader whose friendship with President Heller (William Devane), and the Anglo-American alliance itself, come under tremendous pressure because of personal and political crises. Fry, repped by ICM Partners and UK’s Hamilton Hodell, has a relationship with Fox and 20th after doing an arc on their drama series Bones. Next month, he will make his ninth turn hosting the BAFTA film awards.
Stephen Fry To Play British Prime Minister On ‘24: Live Another Day’
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest TV News
- NBC Developing ‘Natural History’ Museum Comedy From Chris Hardwick & David X. Cohen
- Michael Apted To Get DGA Honorary Life Member Award
- ‘Sesame Street’ Sets Ben Lehmann As Executive Producer
- Disney-Fox: What Are The International Implications?
- ‘Empire’: Nicole Ari Parker Set To Recur On Fox Series
- Primetime Emmy Awards On NBC Will Return To September, Stay On Monday