Kevin Kasha is moving up from his current role as EVP Worldwide Acquisitions at Anchor Bay Entertainment to the newly created position of Head of Acquisitions at Starz, the parent company of Anchor Bay. In his new role, Kasha will oversee film, television series, and digital acquisitions for all of Starz’s businesses, including Starz Networks, Starz Worldwide Distribution, Starz Digital Media, and Anchor Bay Entertainment. The promotion was announced today by Michael Thornton, Chief Revenue Officer at Starz. Kasha joined Anchor Bay Films in 2008 as SVP Acquisitions. He was promoted to EVP Worldwide Acquisitions & Co-Productions in the spring of 2010. During his five-year tenure, Kasha acquired more than 100 films, according to Starz, including Andy Garcia-starrer City Island and Solitary Man, starring Michael Douglas. Kasha also acquired the home entertainment and digital rights to AMC’s The Walking Dead. Recent acquisitions include Rob Zombie’s The Lords Of Salem, Kill The Irishman, Billy Bob Thornton’s Jayne Mansfield’s Car and the cult hit Battle Royale. Upcoming releases include At Middleton as well as a new joint venture with Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment for the release of Gina Carano’s In The Blood.
Starz Ups Kevin Kasha To Head Of Acquisitions
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…