Kevin Kasha is moving up from his current role as EVP Worldwide Acquisitions at Anchor Bay Entertainment to the newly created position of Head of Acquisitions at Starz, the parent company of Anchor Bay. In his new role, Kasha will oversee film, television series, and digital acquisitions for all of Starz’s businesses, including Starz Networks, Starz Worldwide Distribution, Starz Digital Media, and Anchor Bay Entertainment. The promotion was announced today by Michael Thornton, Chief Revenue Officer at Starz. Kasha joined Anchor Bay Films in 2008 as SVP Acquisitions. He was promoted to EVP Worldwide Acquisitions & Co-Productions in the spring of 2010. During his five-year tenure, Kasha acquired more than 100 films, according to Starz, including Andy Garcia-starrer City Island and Solitary Man, starring Michael Douglas. Kasha also acquired the home entertainment and digital rights to AMC’s The Walking Dead. Recent acquisitions include Rob Zombie’s The Lords Of Salem, Kill The Irishman, Billy Bob Thornton’s Jayne Mansfield’s Car and the cult hit Battle Royale. Upcoming releases include At Middleton as well as a new joint venture with Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment for the release of Gina Carano’s In The Blood.
Starz Ups Kevin Kasha To Head Of Acquisitions
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- ‘Shameless’ Adds Four To Cast & Reveals The Scoop On Season 7
- DNC Final Day Ratings See Hillary Clinton Down From Obama In 2012; Steady With Trump & RNC
- ‘This Is Us’: Jon Huertas Joins Dan Fogelman NBC Dramedy
- Sony Pictures Division Hit By Losses In Quarterly Earnings
- Richard Kind, The Last Martin O’Malley Supporter, Attends DNC For Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’
- The Hillbillies Have Eyes In New ‘American Horror Story’ Season 6 Teasers