The film about the epic WWII battle that turned the tide in the European theater is the highest-grossing Russian pic of all time with $66.1M. Now U.S. audiences will be able to see Stalingrad in IMAX 3D theaters for a week starting February 28. Columbia Pictures will distribute director Fedor Bondarchuk’s pic, which was Russia’s entry for the Foreign Language Film Oscar and is screening this week at the Palm Springs International Film Festival. Stalingrad is the first Russian film shot completely in 3D and the first to be released in the giant-screen IMAX format.
Russian Megahit ‘Stalingrad’ Marching Into U.S. IMAX 3D Theaters For A Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video