The film about the epic WWII battle that turned the tide in the European theater is the highest-grossing Russian pic of all time with $66.1M. Now U.S. audiences will be able to see Stalingrad in IMAX 3D theaters for a week starting February 28. Columbia Pictures will distribute director Fedor Bondarchuk’s pic, which was Russia’s entry for the Foreign Language Film Oscar and is screening this week at the Palm Springs International Film Festival. Stalingrad is the first Russian film shot completely in 3D and the first to be released in the giant-screen IMAX format.
Russian Megahit ‘Stalingrad’ Marching Into U.S. IMAX 3D Theaters For A Week
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years