The film about the epic WWII battle that turned the tide in the European theater is the highest-grossing Russian pic of all time with $66.1M. Now U.S. audiences will be able to see Stalingrad in IMAX 3D theaters for a week starting February 28. Columbia Pictures will distribute director Fedor Bondarchuk’s pic, which was Russia’s entry for the Foreign Language Film Oscar and is screening this week at the Palm Springs International Film Festival. Stalingrad is the first Russian film shot completely in 3D and the first to be released in the giant-screen IMAX format.
Russian Megahit ‘Stalingrad’ Marching Into U.S. IMAX 3D Theaters For A Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest Film News
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster