In addition to Spike Lee, CAA motion picture lit agent Billy Hawkins repped the likes of Iron Man scribes Art Marcum and Matt Holloway as well as Josh Boone, who is helming Fox’s The Fault In Our Stars starring Shailene Woodley. We’re being told Hawkins is departing to join a tech startup in LA, essentially heading back to his pre-CAA roots as an investment banker. He is still at the CAA offices and is assisting in transitioning his client roster, so it sounds like this is an amicable parting of ways. Hawkins joined the agency in 2002 as an assistant and went through the agent-trainee program before being promoted.
Spike Lee’s Agent Billy Hawkins Exiting CAA
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber Leaving Company After Eight Years At The Helm
- ‘Sicario: Day of the Soldado’ Trailer: Benicio Del Toro & Josh Brolin Are Locked And Loaded For A New…
- ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe’s Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
- Deadline’s 2017 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 ‘Get Out’
- Glynn Turman, Stephanie Turner To Topline ‘Justine’; Jackson Rathbone, Kerri Medders Cast In ‘Do Not Reply…
- The Weinstein Company’s 363 Bankruptcy Filing Tonight In Delaware?