In addition to Spike Lee, CAA motion picture lit agent Billy Hawkins repped the likes of Iron Man scribes Art Marcum and Matt Holloway as well as Josh Boone, who is helming Fox’s The Fault In Our Stars starring Shailene Woodley. We’re being told Hawkins is departing to join a tech startup in LA, essentially heading back to his pre-CAA roots as an investment banker. He is still at the CAA offices and is assisting in transitioning his client roster, so it sounds like this is an amicable parting of ways. Hawkins joined the agency in 2002 as an assistant and went through the agent-trainee program before being promoted.
Spike Lee’s Agent Billy Hawkins Exiting CAA
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- Bart & Fleming: How Will Wanda & Other Chinese Backers Change Movie Content?
- ‘Desierto’ Trailer: Jonas Cuarón’s Border Thriller Starring Gael Garcia Bernal & Jeffrey Dean Morgan
- ‘Deepwater Horizon’ Review: Real-Life Disaster Movie Explosive But Not Compelling
- Austin Film Festival Adds ‘Bleed For This’ & ‘Edge Of Seventeen’
- Fox Film Hires Chief Brand Officer
- Fox’s ‘The Empty Man’ Adds Aaron Poole