Former BBC entertainment commissioner Karl Warner and Sony Pictures Television are partnering to create London-based production company, Electric Ray. Warner will run the new venture as managing director. The plan is for Electric Ray to produce content for UK broadcasters and international export across the factual entertainment and entertainment genres. Electric Ray will also collaborate with SPT’s U.S. and international production companies on development. SPT’s distribution arm will handle sales of Electric Ray’s slate. The UK is a hotbed of TV production these days with the studios backing local companies to access talent and new content. SPT’s UK production business also includes Victory Television, Gogglebox Entertainment, Silver River Productions and Left Bank Pictures. Warner was the BBC’s youngest ever commissioning editor, and greenlit and executive produced such shows as Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow, game show Reflex, Junior Doctors, World’s Craziest Fools and The Undercover Princes. He resigned from the BBC last summer. The development team at Electric Ray will be run by Thomas O’Brien who helped create E4’s Party House and ITV2’s The Magaluf Weekender in his previous roles at Room 414 and Two Four. The company name is taken from the nickname given to Karl’s father, Raymond, who was an electrician.
Sony Pictures Television, Karl Warner Launch UK Production Outfit Electric Ray
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest International News
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ $30M Debut; ‘Lights Out’ $8.5M; Jackie Chan’s ‘Skiptrace’ Nails $64M Bow – Int’l Box…
- Jackie Chan-Starring ‘Skiptrace’ Bows Big In China With $62M+ Debut
- Documentary On INXS Frontman Michael Hutchence In Works
- Alibaba Pictures Launching $300 Million Investment Fund