Former BBC entertainment commissioner Karl Warner and Sony Pictures Television are partnering to create London-based production company, Electric Ray. Warner will run the new venture as managing director. The plan is for Electric Ray to produce content for UK broadcasters and international export across the factual entertainment and entertainment genres. Electric Ray will also collaborate with SPT’s U.S. and international production companies on development. SPT’s distribution arm will handle sales of Electric Ray’s slate. The UK is a hotbed of TV production these days with the studios backing local companies to access talent and new content. SPT’s UK production business also includes Victory Television, Gogglebox Entertainment, Silver River Productions and Left Bank Pictures. Warner was the BBC’s youngest ever commissioning editor, and greenlit and executive produced such shows as Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow, game show Reflex, Junior Doctors, World’s Craziest Fools and The Undercover Princes. He resigned from the BBC last summer. The development team at Electric Ray will be run by Thomas O’Brien who helped create E4’s Party House and ITV2’s The Magaluf Weekender in his previous roles at Room 414 and Two Four. The company name is taken from the nickname given to Karl’s father, Raymond, who was an electrician.
Sony Pictures Television, Karl Warner Launch UK Production Outfit Electric Ray
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest International News
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Luther’ Trailer: Idris Elba Returns To Track A New Serial Killer
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s ‘Cemetery Of Splendour’ Wins At Asia Pacific Awards