Less than a month after it was announced that David Bishop would exit as president of Sony‘s Home Entertainment division, his replacement was named today. Man Jit Singh is taking over once Bishop’s contract ends in March, the studio said Monday. Until today, Singh was CEO of Multi Screen Media Pvt. Ltd., the operating company that handles Sony Pictures Television’s TV networks in India. “Man Jit is a savvy global executive with a long track record of success at Sony Pictures, having built our Indian TV channels into high-performance, high-margin businesses. I am confident in his vision for Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and his ability to provide strong leadership for the division as the marketplace continues to evolve,” said Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton in a statement. Singh will report to Lynton and co-chairman Amy Pascal. While he is taking over Home Entertainment, Singh is not immediately leaving the Indian market, where he has been in overseeing Sony’s TV business since 2009. The studio said the former management consultant will continue as Non-Executive Chairman at MSM during the transition. Former MSM COO N.P. Singh has been appointed CEO and will report to Andy Kaplan, President, Worldwide Networks, Sony Pictures Television.
Sony Pictures Names New Home Ent. Chief
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Latest Film News
- ‘Sicario: Day of the Soldado’ Trailer: Benicio Del Toro & Josh Brolin Are Locked And Loaded For A New…
- ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe’s Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
- Deadline’s 2017 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 ‘Get Out’
- Glynn Turman, Stephanie Turner To Topline ‘Justine’; Jackson Rathbone, Kerri Medders Cast In ‘Do Not Reply…
- The Weinstein Company’s 363 Bankruptcy Filing Tonight In Delaware?
- Andy Bird Exiting As Chairman Of Walt Disney International