IFC’s heavily promoted, star-studded epic miniseries spoofThe Spoils of Babylon did sold business, opening with 911,000 total viewers and 477,000 adults 18-49 for the premiere episode on Thursday. That is one of the highest-rated debuts ever on IFC whose flagship comedy Portlandia opened with 263,000 viewers in 2011. The six-part mini, from Funny Or Die, launched with two back-to-back episodes, with the remaining segments set to air over the next four weeks. Each of the two opening episodes had three repeats on premiere night, with the eight airings combined amassing 2.3 viewers in Live+3. The Spoils of Babylon‘s cast include Jessica Alba, Will Ferrell, Jellybean Howie, Val Kilmer, Tobey Maguire, Haley Joel Osment, Tim Robbins, Michael Sheen, Steve Tom and Kristen Wiig.
Solid Start For IFC’s Limited Series ‘The Spoils Of Babylon’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'