IFC’s heavily promoted, star-studded epic miniseries spoofThe Spoils of Babylon did sold business, opening with 911,000 total viewers and 477,000 adults 18-49 for the premiere episode on Thursday. That is one of the highest-rated debuts ever on IFC whose flagship comedy Portlandia opened with 263,000 viewers in 2011. The six-part mini, from Funny Or Die, launched with two back-to-back episodes, with the remaining segments set to air over the next four weeks. Each of the two opening episodes had three repeats on premiere night, with the eight airings combined amassing 2.3 viewers in Live+3. The Spoils of Babylon‘s cast include Jessica Alba, Will Ferrell, Jellybean Howie, Val Kilmer, Tobey Maguire, Haley Joel Osment, Tim Robbins, Michael Sheen, Steve Tom and Kristen Wiig.
Solid Start For IFC’s Limited Series ‘The Spoils Of Babylon’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- USA Event Series 'Dig' Pushed To 2015, Eyes Additional Episode Order
- MTV Series 'Eye Candy' Casts 3 Regulars
- CBS Buys Mob Comedy From 'Big Bang' Actor Kevin Sussman & Neal Moritz
- Spike Buys Illegal Online Marketplace Drama From Tony Krantz & Gary Oldman
- IFC's 'Maron' Renewed For Third Season
- Brian Van Holt To Depart 'Cougar Town'