IFC’s heavily promoted, star-studded epic miniseries spoofThe Spoils of Babylon did sold business, opening with 911,000 total viewers and 477,000 adults 18-49 for the premiere episode on Thursday. That is one of the highest-rated debuts ever on IFC whose flagship comedy Portlandia opened with 263,000 viewers in 2011. The six-part mini, from Funny Or Die, launched with two back-to-back episodes, with the remaining segments set to air over the next four weeks. Each of the two opening episodes had three repeats on premiere night, with the eight airings combined amassing 2.3 viewers in Live+3. The Spoils of Babylon‘s cast include Jessica Alba, Will Ferrell, Jellybean Howie, Val Kilmer, Tobey Maguire, Haley Joel Osment, Tim Robbins, Michael Sheen, Steve Tom and Kristen Wiig.
Solid Start For IFC’s Limited Series ‘The Spoils Of Babylon’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates