The satellite radio company has postponed from January 27 to April 25 the planned $240M share repurchase from majority owner, John Malone’s Liberty Media. But Malone shouldn’t fret: SiriusXM now says that it will buy $340M of Liberty’s holdings at $3.66 a share. Meanwhile a special committee of SiriusXM’s board is weighing the takeover offer by Liberty, which owns 52%. It has proposed a stock swap that would give SiriusXM shareholders 39% of Liberty. But their shares would not entitle them to vote on Liberty’s affairs, and would give them a negligible premium over the value of their SiriusXM holdings when the offer was made. The radio company says today that the board has hired Evercore Group to provide financial advice, and Weil, Gotshal & Manges to help with legal matters. The board committee will “review and evaluate whether the Liberty Media proposal is in the best interests of SiriusXM and its stockholders, other than Liberty.” It doesn’t plan to say anything else until it decides what to do.
SiriusXM Delays Plan To Buy Back Liberty Media Shares While It Weighs Takeover Offer
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Business News
- The Roots Cancel SXSW Concert After Bomb Threat
- Ellen Barkin Says “Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam” After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
- Kathy Griffin Comeback Show At Carnegie Hall Nearly Sells Out In A Day
- Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And “Targeted Their Inner Demons” – Report
- Charlize Theron Says Arming Teachers With Guns Is “So Outrageous”
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe