Shawn Ryan has re-upped his three-year overall deal at Sony Pictures TV with a new three-year pact set to begin in June when the current one is up. Since moving to Sony in 2011 after more than a decade at 20th Century Fox TV, Ryan co-created and executive produced ABC drama series Last Resort and wrote/executive produced the studio’s Beverly Hills Cop pilot for CBS last season. He has two drama projects with significant commitments at the broadcast networks: an untitled 1950s Hawaii put pilot at Fox, which he is co-writing with Davey Holmes, with Justin Lin directing; and an ABC drama with Last Resort co-creator Karl Gajdusek, which has a sizable penalty. Ryan also has projects in the works on cable, including a mining town drama at HBO and FX limited series Mad Dogs, based on the British black comedy/psychological thriller miniseries. The Shield creator, repped by WME, manager Larry Shuman and attorney Michael Gendler, is developing through his MiddKidd banner alongside executive Marney Hochman who serves as exec producer on Ryan’s projects.
Shawn Ryan Inks New 3-Year Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast
- Peter Gallagher & Olivia Thirlby Join Fox Pilot 'Detour' Inspired By Rivers Cuomo
- Jack Cutmore-Scott To Play Title Role In Fox Pilot ‘Cooper Barrett’s Guide’
- Murder Case Involving Texas Justice of the Peace To Be Developed As HBO Film