Shawn Ryan has re-upped his three-year overall deal at Sony Pictures TV with a new three-year pact set to begin in June when the current one is up. Since moving to Sony in 2011 after more than a decade at 20th Century Fox TV, Ryan co-created and executive produced ABC drama series Last Resort and wrote/executive produced the studio’s Beverly Hills Cop pilot for CBS last season. He has two drama projects with significant commitments at the broadcast networks: an untitled 1950s Hawaii put pilot at Fox, which he is co-writing with Davey Holmes, with Justin Lin directing; and an ABC drama with Last Resort co-creator Karl Gajdusek, which has a sizable penalty. Ryan also has projects in the works on cable, including a mining town drama at HBO and FX limited series Mad Dogs, based on the British black comedy/psychological thriller miniseries. The Shield creator, repped by WME, manager Larry Shuman and attorney Michael Gendler, is developing through his MiddKidd banner alongside executive Marney Hochman who serves as exec producer on Ryan’s projects.
Shawn Ryan Inks New 3-Year Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Man In The High Castle’ Reveals Season 2 Key Art & Who The Future Belongs To
- SyFy Sets Date For First-Ever All Star Edition Of ‘Face Off’
- MTV President Sean Atkins Steps Down
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener