Shawn Ryan has re-upped his three-year overall deal at Sony Pictures TV with a new three-year pact set to begin in June when the current one is up. Since moving to Sony in 2011 after more than a decade at 20th Century Fox TV, Ryan co-created and executive produced ABC drama series Last Resort and wrote/executive produced the studio’s Beverly Hills Cop pilot for CBS last season. He has two drama projects with significant commitments at the broadcast networks: an untitled 1950s Hawaii put pilot at Fox, which he is co-writing with Davey Holmes, with Justin Lin directing; and an ABC drama with Last Resort co-creator Karl Gajdusek, which has a sizable penalty. Ryan also has projects in the works on cable, including a mining town drama at HBO and FX limited series Mad Dogs, based on the British black comedy/psychological thriller miniseries. The Shield creator, repped by WME, manager Larry Shuman and attorney Michael Gendler, is developing through his MiddKidd banner alongside executive Marney Hochman who serves as exec producer on Ryan’s projects.
Shawn Ryan Inks New 3-Year Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Premiere Gets Modest Live+3 Bump; Strong Streaming Lift
- ‘House Of Cards’ Season 5 Review: Kevin Spacey & Robin Wright Swagger Back