Security, an action spec from writer John Sullivan (Recoil) about a security guard who must protect a female witness from a gang of thugs in a mall after communication is knocked out from storm, has sold to Nu Image. The deal closed late last week and producers are eyeing A-list action talent to drive the pic. Security will be the first film produced by Jonathan Yunger and Jeffrey Greenstein, who started out as Avi Lerner’s assistants. Yunger cut his teeth on The Legend Of Hercules, which opened two weeks ago. “It is important to give opportunities to young talent,” Lerner said today. “Jonathan and Jeffrey have shown they have the talent to be good filmmakers and now is their time.” The project was brought to Nu Image by David Harris, a young producer and Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity brother of Greenstein’s at University of Central Florida. Harris will also be producing along with Les Weldon. Lerner, Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson and John Thompson will exec produce. A July start is planned. Sullivan is repped by Benderspink and WME.
Nu Image Acquires John Sullivan Action Spec ‘Security’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Busch
- John Cleese, Tech Startups, 'How Google Works': Michael Shamberg's Hot Reads
- 'Big Hero 6′ Wins B.O. As 'Interstellar' Takes Second; Monday Returns
- 'Kingdom Of Ice', Cormac McCarthy, Strong Dads: ICM's Chris Silbermann
- 'Interstellar' Friday On Par With 'Gravity' In Opening Bow – International B.O.
- 'The Hunger Games' To Go Legit As Lionsgate Aims For Stage Production
- French Say “Bonjour” To 'Interstellar'