Security, an action spec from writer John Sullivan (Recoil) about a security guard who must protect a female witness from a gang of thugs in a mall after communication is knocked out from storm, has sold to Nu Image. The deal closed late last week and producers are eyeing A-list action talent to drive the pic. Security will be the first film produced by Jonathan Yunger and Jeffrey Greenstein, who started out as Avi Lerner’s assistants. Yunger cut his teeth on The Legend Of Hercules, which opened two weeks ago. “It is important to give opportunities to young talent,” Lerner said today. “Jonathan and Jeffrey have shown they have the talent to be good filmmakers and now is their time.” The project was brought to Nu Image by David Harris, a young producer and Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity brother of Greenstein’s at University of Central Florida. Harris will also be producing along with Les Weldon. Lerner, Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson and John Thompson will exec produce. A July start is planned. Sullivan is repped by Benderspink and WME.
Nu Image Acquires John Sullivan Action Spec ‘Security’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Busch
- Box Office Late Nights: 'Maze Runner' Off To Good Start With $1.1M, 'Tombstones' Takes In $480K
- 'Fault In Our Stars' Box Office To Cross $300M Worldwide On Modest Budget: How'd It Happen?
- Box Office Preview: 'Maze Runner' To Put 'Tombstones' In Ground; 'This Is Where I Leave You' Debuts
- Former WB Exec Robert Brassel Joining Jeff Robinov's Studio 8
- Box Office Final: 'No Good Deed' $24.2M; 'Dolphin Tale 2′ $15.8M As 'Guardians' Passes $300M
- 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' In Season Again At Sony