Security, an action spec from writer John Sullivan (Recoil) about a security guard who must protect a female witness from a gang of thugs in a mall after communication is knocked out from storm, has sold to Nu Image. The deal closed late last week and producers are eyeing A-list action talent to drive the pic. Security will be the first film produced by Jonathan Yunger and Jeffrey Greenstein, who started out as Avi Lerner’s assistants. Yunger cut his teeth on The Legend Of Hercules, which opened two weeks ago. “It is important to give opportunities to young talent,” Lerner said today. “Jonathan and Jeffrey have shown they have the talent to be good filmmakers and now is their time.” The project was brought to Nu Image by David Harris, a young producer and Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity brother of Greenstein’s at University of Central Florida. Harris will also be producing along with Les Weldon. Lerner, Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson and John Thompson will exec produce. A July start is planned. Sullivan is repped by Benderspink and WME.
Nu Image Acquires John Sullivan Action Spec ‘Security’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- ‘Tomorrowland’ & ‘Poltergeist’ Rise In Matinees – Box Office Friday
- ‘Mr. Holmes’ Lawsuit: Arthur Conan Doyle Estate Sues Bill Condon & Distributors
- Michael Rooker Signs Up For ‘The Belko Experiment'; Bai Ling To Have ‘Maximum Impact’