Security, an action spec from writer John Sullivan (Recoil) about a security guard who must protect a female witness from a gang of thugs in a mall after communication is knocked out from storm, has sold to Nu Image. The deal closed late last week and producers are eyeing A-list action talent to drive the pic. Security will be the first film produced by Jonathan Yunger and Jeffrey Greenstein, who started out as Avi Lerner’s assistants. Yunger cut his teeth on The Legend Of Hercules, which opened two weeks ago. “It is important to give opportunities to young talent,” Lerner said today. “Jonathan and Jeffrey have shown they have the talent to be good filmmakers and now is their time.” The project was brought to Nu Image by David Harris, a young producer and Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity brother of Greenstein’s at University of Central Florida. Harris will also be producing along with Les Weldon. Lerner, Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson and John Thompson will exec produce. A July start is planned. Sullivan is repped by Benderspink and WME.
Nu Image Acquires John Sullivan Action Spec ‘Security’
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Busch
- FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M – B.O. Final
- '22 Jump Street' Being Re-Released Oct. 24th Only Days Before Home Entertainment Launch
- Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
- Hot Reads: DreamWorks' Stacey Snider On 'Lawrence in Arabia' And More
- 'Fury' Box Office Opens To Strong $1.2M; 'Book Of Life' To $300K – Late Nights; Friday Matinees Tumble In
- Former Film Engine's Navid McIIhargey Partners With German Financiers, Acquires First Project 'The Feud'