Security, an action spec from writer John Sullivan (Recoil) about a security guard who must protect a female witness from a gang of thugs in a mall after communication is knocked out from storm, has sold to Nu Image. The deal closed late last week and producers are eyeing A-list action talent to drive the pic. Security will be the first film produced by Jonathan Yunger and Jeffrey Greenstein, who started out as Avi Lerner’s assistants. Yunger cut his teeth on The Legend Of Hercules, which opened two weeks ago. “It is important to give opportunities to young talent,” Lerner said today. “Jonathan and Jeffrey have shown they have the talent to be good filmmakers and now is their time.” The project was brought to Nu Image by David Harris, a young producer and Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity brother of Greenstein’s at University of Central Florida. Harris will also be producing along with Les Weldon. Lerner, Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson and John Thompson will exec produce. A July start is planned. Sullivan is repped by Benderspink and WME.
Nu Image Acquires John Sullivan Action Spec ‘Security’
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
'Battle Creek' Review: Vince Gilligan's Old Script Witty Addition To CBS' Sunday, Says Dominic Patten
More From Busch
- Power Rangers Bootleg Fan Film Returns To YouTube, Vimeo
- Paramount In Talks To Acquire Rights To Sci-Fi Classic ‘The Stars My Destination’
- Josh Duhamel, Ernie Hudson Suit Up For ‘The Wrong Stuff’
- Kristen Stewart Joins Untitled Kelly Reichardt Project
- Cartoon Network’s ‘Adventure Time’ Heads To Big Screen At Warner Bros.
- Dropped ‘Power Rangers’ Fan Video Still Up On Facebook