And the award for quickest bleeping fingers goes to … the CW‘s censors. Only a half-hour into the live broadcast of the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards, two people already have dropped F-bombs onstage. Leave it to the erstwhile Miss Congeniality to spice up a live awards show. Gravity star Sandra Bullock was accepting her trophy for Best Actress in an Action Movie when a voiced momentarily boomed over the PA. Her reaction was bleeped, but even the most amateur lip reader could figure that she said “What the f**k?” She smiled and continued with her speech. Minutes later, Bradley Cooper joined the potty-mouth party too. Onstage to accept the Best Acting Ensemble award for American Hustle, he referred to his colleagues as “these f**king actors.” The CW actually went 3-for-3 on the bleep button, including a fleeting “sh*t” from Cate Blanchett as she accepted the Best Actress award for Blue Jasmine. That’s better than NBC managed when the network let Jacqueline Bisset’s loud-‘n’-clear “sh*t!” get on the air during the Golden Globes telecast last weekend.
Sandra Bullock, Bradley Cooper Drop F-Bombs On Live Critics’ Choice Movie Awards Show
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Heads To Hulu Plus
- Courtney B. Vance & James Remar Join 'State Of Affairs'; Jennifer Healy Takes 'Selfie'
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'
- EMMYS: Mindy Kaling, Liev Schreiber, Kate Walsh & More Join Presenters List
- Damon Lindelof Pens 'Lost'-Themed Episode Of 'Phineas And Ferb'
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates