And the award for quickest bleeping fingers goes to … the CW‘s censors. Only a half-hour into the live broadcast of the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards, two people already have dropped F-bombs onstage. Leave it to the erstwhile Miss Congeniality to spice up a live awards show. Gravity star Sandra Bullock was accepting her trophy for Best Actress in an Action Movie when a voiced momentarily boomed over the PA. Her reaction was bleeped, but even the most amateur lip reader could figure that she said “What the f**k?” She smiled and continued with her speech. Minutes later, Bradley Cooper joined the potty-mouth party too. Onstage to accept the Best Acting Ensemble award for American Hustle, he referred to his colleagues as “these f**king actors.” The CW actually went 3-for-3 on the bleep button, including a fleeting “sh*t” from Cate Blanchett as she accepted the Best Actress award for Blue Jasmine. That’s better than NBC managed when the network let Jacqueline Bisset’s loud-‘n’-clear “sh*t!” get on the air during the Golden Globes telecast last weekend.
Sandra Bullock, Bradley Cooper Drop F-Bombs On Live Critics’ Choice Movie Awards Show
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- MTV Greenlights Two Unscripted Series For 2015 – 'Broke A$$ Game Show' & 'Todrick'
- Bunim/Murray Opens NYC Office, 'Project Runway' Producer Bagshaw To Head Ops
- 'Hedwig' Producer David Binder Attaches To London Stage Fest
- Ben Bradlee Dead At 93, Washington Post Editor During Watergate Era — Update
- 'American Dad!' Moves to TBS; 2.5 Million Follow
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Tackles Sports And Domestic Violence