Samuel Goldwyn has snapped up rights to Better Living Through Chemistry, the dark comedy starring Sam Rockwell and helmed by Geoff Moore and David Posamentier. Rockwell plays a small town pharmacist whose quiet life is turned upside down when he embarks on a drug and alcohol-fueled affair with a customer (Olivia Wilde). Michelle Monaghan, Norbert Leo Butz, Ben Schwartz, Ken Howard, Ray Liotta, and Jane Fonda also star in the pic which marks the directorial debuts of Moore and Posamentier, directing from their own script. Samuel Goldwyn is plotting a spring theatrical release and Universal Studios Home Entertainment will handle home entertainment distribution. Universal Pictures International Entertainment will distribute ancillary in the UK, the Benelux, France, Germany, Italy, Scandinavia, South America, and select Eastern European and Asian territories. Better Living Through Chemistry is produced by Felipe Marino and Joe Neurauter. Keith Calder, Anders Erden, Graeme Law, Peter Nichols, David Posamentier, Tim Smith and Paul Brett are executive producers. Paul Davis is co-producer and Richard Naing and Kate Sharp are associate producers on the Occupant Entertainment pic. Will Machin negotiated the deal for Metro International with ICM.
Samuel Goldwyn Acquires ‘Better Living Through Chemistry’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest