BREAKING: Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson, Danny McBride, Shia LaBeouf and Zooey Deschanel are joining Bill Murray in Rock The Kasbah, the pic Mitch Glazer wrote and Barry Levinson is directing. QED’s Bill Block, Venture Forth’s Jacob Pechenik, Shangri-La Entertainment’s Steve Bing and Glazer are producing, and Brian Grazer and Tom Freston are executive producing. Production will now get underway in June, and QED is repping the film at the upcoming EFM. Bill Murray stars as a burned-out music manager who goes to Afghanistan on the USO tour with his last remaining client. When he finds himself abandoned, penniless and without his passport, he discovers a young girl with an extraordinary voice, who stows away with him back to Kabul to compete on the popular television show, The Afghan Star, Afghanistan’s equivalent of American Idol.
Berlin: Barry Levinson’s ‘Rock The Kasbah’ Adds Big Names, Sets June Start Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies