BREAKING: Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson, Danny McBride, Shia LaBeouf and Zooey Deschanel are joining Bill Murray in Rock The Kasbah, the pic Mitch Glazer wrote and Barry Levinson is directing. QED’s Bill Block, Venture Forth’s Jacob Pechenik, Shangri-La Entertainment’s Steve Bing and Glazer are producing, and Brian Grazer and Tom Freston are executive producing. Production will now get underway in June, and QED is repping the film at the upcoming EFM. Bill Murray stars as a burned-out music manager who goes to Afghanistan on the USO tour with his last remaining client. When he finds himself abandoned, penniless and without his passport, he discovers a young girl with an extraordinary voice, who stows away with him back to Kabul to compete on the popular television show, The Afghan Star, Afghanistan’s equivalent of American Idol.
Berlin: Barry Levinson’s ‘Rock The Kasbah’ Adds Big Names, Sets June Start Date
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'
- TNT Nabs Rights To Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games' & 'Divergent' Franchises
- AFI Directing Workshop For Women Announces Episodic Program
- ABC Reveals New Logo For 'The View', Teases In-The-Round Set
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'