BREAKING: Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson, Danny McBride, Shia LaBeouf and Zooey Deschanel are joining Bill Murray in Rock The Kasbah, the pic Mitch Glazer wrote and Barry Levinson is directing. QED’s Bill Block, Venture Forth’s Jacob Pechenik, Shangri-La Entertainment’s Steve Bing and Glazer are producing, and Brian Grazer and Tom Freston are executive producing. Production will now get underway in June, and QED is repping the film at the upcoming EFM. Bill Murray stars as a burned-out music manager who goes to Afghanistan on the USO tour with his last remaining client. When he finds himself abandoned, penniless and without his passport, he discovers a young girl with an extraordinary voice, who stows away with him back to Kabul to compete on the popular television show, The Afghan Star, Afghanistan’s equivalent of American Idol.
Berlin: Barry Levinson’s ‘Rock The Kasbah’ Adds Big Names, Sets June Start Date
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Says Yes To No. 1, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, 'St. Vincent,' 'Birdman' Expand - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC