The new half-hour reality series will premiere on ReelzChannel this fall, the channel said today. Polka Kings follows The Chardon Polka Band as they try to achieve mainstream status for the traditional music genre in their quest for stardom. They’re willing to do whatever it takes to make it big, including performing polka versions of songs by artists such as Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. Based in Cleveland, the group was co-founded by front man, 27-year-old Jake Kouwe and his best friend and sousaphone/bass player, Paul ‘The Weird One’ Coates. Polka Kings is produced by High Noon Entertainment, with Jim Berger, Scott Feeley and Patrick Jager serving as executive producers. Production is set to begin this spring.
Reelz/High Noon To Debut ‘Polka Kings’ Reality Series In Fall
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest TV News
- PBS’ ‘The Talk’ Panel: The Issue Of Police Violence Front And Center – TCA
- Corporate Lawyers: Best Friend To Stephen Colbert Fans?
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA
- ‘Scandal’ POTUS Tony Goldwyn Gives American History Lesson In DNC Video
- ‘Victoria’ Producers & Cast Talk Story, Long-Term Potential & Filling That ‘Downton Abbey’ Slot…
- ‘Empire’ & Fox Beat $10M Copyright Suit From “Gangsta Pimp”s Memoir & Script