The new half-hour reality series will premiere on ReelzChannel this fall, the channel said today. Polka Kings follows The Chardon Polka Band as they try to achieve mainstream status for the traditional music genre in their quest for stardom. They’re willing to do whatever it takes to make it big, including performing polka versions of songs by artists such as Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. Based in Cleveland, the group was co-founded by front man, 27-year-old Jake Kouwe and his best friend and sousaphone/bass player, Paul ‘The Weird One’ Coates. Polka Kings is produced by High Noon Entertainment, with Jim Berger, Scott Feeley and Patrick Jager serving as executive producers. Production is set to begin this spring.
Reelz/High Noon To Debut ‘Polka Kings’ Reality Series In Fall
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits After Plot Twist On CMT Country Music Drama Series
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?