The new half-hour reality series will premiere on ReelzChannel this fall, the channel said today. Polka Kings follows The Chardon Polka Band as they try to achieve mainstream status for the traditional music genre in their quest for stardom. They’re willing to do whatever it takes to make it big, including performing polka versions of songs by artists such as Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. Based in Cleveland, the group was co-founded by front man, 27-year-old Jake Kouwe and his best friend and sousaphone/bass player, Paul ‘The Weird One’ Coates. Polka Kings is produced by High Noon Entertainment, with Jim Berger, Scott Feeley and Patrick Jager serving as executive producers. Production is set to begin this spring.
Reelz/High Noon To Debut ‘Polka Kings’ Reality Series In Fall
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Says Yes To No. 1, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, 'St. Vincent,' 'Birdman' Expansion Results - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC