The new half-hour reality series will premiere on ReelzChannel this fall, the channel said today. Polka Kings follows The Chardon Polka Band as they try to achieve mainstream status for the traditional music genre in their quest for stardom. They’re willing to do whatever it takes to make it big, including performing polka versions of songs by artists such as Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. Based in Cleveland, the group was co-founded by front man, 27-year-old Jake Kouwe and his best friend and sousaphone/bass player, Paul ‘The Weird One’ Coates. Polka Kings is produced by High Noon Entertainment, with Jim Berger, Scott Feeley and Patrick Jager serving as executive producers. Production is set to begin this spring.
Reelz/High Noon To Debut ‘Polka Kings’ Reality Series In Fall
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates