Given how much work goes into producing a scripted series, especially high-end drama, it is disheartening to see the ratings pecking order last night: Sports first (Fox‘s night-winning coverage of the Cotton Bowl, 1.9 among adults 18-49 in the non-time zone adjusted fast nationals), newsmagazines second (NBC‘s Dateline and ABC‘s 20/20, tied at 1.5) and then original scripted dramas. Following Dateline, NBC’s Grimm returned from a month-long hiatus to a 1.4 in 18-49, up 17% from its last original on Dec. 13. But Dracula (0.9) was down 18% from its last original (though matching its previous three telecasts.) The only other original last night was the CW‘s The Carrie Diaries (0.4), which was up a tenth from its last outing.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ‘Grimm’ Up, ‘Dracula’ Down In Return
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over