It must be disheartening for studio executives to see a clip show of old Super Bowl commercials beat handily original episodes of high-end comedy and drama series. CBS‘ annual Super Bowl commercials special (1.9) from 8-9 PM was down a tenth from last year but finished well ahead in the hour of NBC’s Revolution (1.3, down 14% from last week to tie a series low) and ABC’s comedies, The Middle repeat (1.5) and new Suburgatory (1.5) which fell 17% from last week to tie a series low. The Super Bowl commercials special actually finished as the second highest rated program of the night behind Fox’s American Idol, tied with NBC’s Law & Order: SVU and a Modern Family repeat. Idol (3.8) was down 5% from last Wednesday’s fast national but once again won the night for Fox in 18-49 and total viewers. Both SVU (1.9, +6%) and newbie Chicago P.D. (1.7, +5%) posted a second consecutive week of gains against CBS’ dramas in repeats. With Modern Family a rerun, Super Fun Night (1.3) plunged 24% to a series low. But Nashville (1.5, +7%) inched up for a second week in a row. The CW’s Arrow (1.0) was up 11%, The Tomorrow People (0.6) up 20%.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ‘Chicago P.D.’, ‘SVU’ & ‘Nashville’ Keep Rising, ‘Fun Night’ Hits Low
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book