After taking an across-the-board hit last week against the season premiere of American Idol, ABC and NBC perked up last night when HUT levels also rose vs. last Wednesday. The Middle (2.2/7) was up +22%, Suburgatory (1.8/5) +13%, Modern Family (3.5/9) +9% from last week’s season low, Super Fun Night (1.7/4) +13% and Nashville (1.4/4) +8%. New NBC drama Chicago PD continues to mirror the ups and downs of lead-in Law & Order: SVU: Last night, SVU (1.8) was up 29% week to week, and Chicago PD (1.6) was up 7%. At 8 PM, Revolution (1.5) was up 15% with its best result in several months. Fox’s American Idol (4.0) was down 13% from last Wednesday’s season premiere and up a tenth from last Thursday’s episode. Comedy repeats did not work well as a lead-in for CBS’ Wednesday dramas, with both Criminal Minds (2.2) and CSI (1.6) suffering declines — down 8% for Minds and 20% to a series low for CSI. On the CW, Arrow (0.8) was down a tenth, The Tomorrow People (0.5) was flat.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ABC & NBC Lineups Rebound, ‘Idol’ Slips, CBS Dramas Hit Lows
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better