Departing Parks & Recreation original cast member Rashida Jones has lined up her next series vehicle, signing on to play the lead in TBS‘ single-camera comedy Tribeca, co-created and directed by Steve Carell. Co-written by Carell and his wife, actress Nancy Carell, Tribeca is a satirical look at a police procedural anchored by Angie Tribeca (Jones), an outspoken 10-year veteran of the LAPD’s elite RHCU (Really Heinous Crimes Unit). The project explores an eccentric but brilliant group of people who investigate crime, reveal way too much personal information, and refuse to rest until justice has been served…sort of. A lone wolf, Angie is not thrilled when told she has to work with a partner. The Carells are executive producing the pilot through their Carousel TV, with production tentatively scheduled for February/March. Jones had been in high demand since word leaked in that summer that she would be leaving Parks & Recreation. The actress, repped by UTA and attorney James Adams, had been very busy as a producer via her shingle with Will McCormack Le Train Train. In its first year under a deal at Warner Bros TV, the company has sold six project and recently landed its first pilot order for comedy A to Z at NBC. Picking a starring vehicle outside of her deal was somewhat surprising but I hear Carell actively pursued her, and she sparked to the premise of the show.
Rashida Jones To Topline Steve Carell’s TBS Comedy Pilot ‘Tribeca’
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Renewed For Season 3 At Disney XD
- Peter Jackson Directing An Episode Of ‘Doctor Who’?
- Jimmy Fallon Logs Biggest Demo Margin To Date Over Stephen Colbert
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Score With Patriots’ Defeat; ‘Quantico’ Down
- Fullscreen Taps Ex-Hulu Boss Andy Forssell As COO
- Donald Trump Blames TV For Lack Of Video Showing NJ Muslims Celebrating World Trade Center Collapse