EXCLUSIVE: Suits star Patrick J. Adams is set as the male lead opposite Zoe Saldana in NBC’s four-hour miniseries Rosemary’s Baby, an adaptation of the 1967 best-selling suspense novel by Ira Levin. Jason Isaacs also has joined the mini, directed by Agnieska Holland. It centers on Rosemary Woodhouse (Saldana), a young wife and would-be mother who, with her husband Guy (Adams), moves into a Paris apartment that has a dark past. After finally getting pregnant, she becomes increasingly suspicious that both her husband and their mysterious neighbors have ulterior motives about the future of her child. Isaacs will play warlock/coven-leader Roman Castevet, a role played by Sidney Blackmer in Roman Polanski’s 1968 feature adaptation, in which Guy was played by John Cassavetes. This marks a nice NBCUniversal crossover, with Adams — one of the hottest stars of USA Network where Suits is a flagship series — taking on a lead of an NBC project. It also marks Issacs’ return to NBC where he toplined drama Awake. (He also worked with NBC topper Bob Greenblatt on Showtime’s Brotherhood.) Filming on Rosemary’s Baby, produced by Lionsgate TV, is slated to begin shortly in Paris. Adams is with Andy Corren Management, UTA and attorney Lev Ginsburg; Isaacs with Gersh, Independent Talent Group and Silver Lining.
Patrick J. Adams & Jason Isaacs To Star In NBC’s ‘Rosemary’s Baby’ Miniseries
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'