The newly created post includes oversight of the communications strategy and operations of Participant Media‘s film and documentary units, the new Pivot TV network and its digital lifestyle brand TakePart. Ann Boyd is joining the company as EVP Communications, reporting to CEO Jim Berk. “As Participant expands both globally and into new media, Ann will lead a multiplatform communications group charged with increasing the visibility of our content and reach of our social impact,” Berk said in announcing her hire. Boyd most recently was EVP Global Media at Sony Pictures and also served as a studio rep for MPAA and Creative America Coalition. Before Sony she did stints as VP Corporate Communications at Fox Interactive Media and at AOL.
Participant Media Taps Former Sony Exec Ann Boyd As EVP Communications
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV