The newly created post includes oversight of the communications strategy and operations of Participant Media‘s film and documentary units, the new Pivot TV network and its digital lifestyle brand TakePart. Ann Boyd is joining the company as EVP Communications, reporting to CEO Jim Berk. “As Participant expands both globally and into new media, Ann will lead a multiplatform communications group charged with increasing the visibility of our content and reach of our social impact,” Berk said in announcing her hire. Boyd most recently was EVP Global Media at Sony Pictures and also served as a studio rep for MPAA and Creative America Coalition. Before Sony she did stints as VP Corporate Communications at Fox Interactive Media and at AOL.
Participant Media Taps Former Sony Exec Ann Boyd As EVP Communications
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists