The newly created post includes oversight of the communications strategy and operations of Participant Media‘s film and documentary units, the new Pivot TV network and its digital lifestyle brand TakePart. Ann Boyd is joining the company as EVP Communications, reporting to CEO Jim Berk. “As Participant expands both globally and into new media, Ann will lead a multiplatform communications group charged with increasing the visibility of our content and reach of our social impact,” Berk said in announcing her hire. Boyd most recently was EVP Global Media at Sony Pictures and also served as a studio rep for MPAA and Creative America Coalition. Before Sony she did stints as VP Corporate Communications at Fox Interactive Media and at AOL.
Participant Media Taps Former Sony Exec Ann Boyd As EVP Communications
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Sharp Objects' Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
Latest Film News
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2018 – Part 2: John Legend, Jeffrey Wright, Alia Shawkat, Jay Ellis & More
- Andrea Nevins Documents Moment Of Barbie’s Transformation With ‘Tiny Shoulders’ — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $216M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…
- ‘The Caretaker’ Filmmakers Launch VR Company Hidden Content At Tribeca
- Sarasota Film Festival Caps 20th Anniversary Edition With Jury Prizes For ‘I Am Not A Witch’ And ‘Minding The Gap…
- British Politicians Urge Inclusion Riders To Be Introduced To Secure Film & High-End TV Tax Relief