The newly created post includes oversight of the communications strategy and operations of Participant Media‘s film and documentary units, the new Pivot TV network and its digital lifestyle brand TakePart. Ann Boyd is joining the company as EVP Communications, reporting to CEO Jim Berk. “As Participant expands both globally and into new media, Ann will lead a multiplatform communications group charged with increasing the visibility of our content and reach of our social impact,” Berk said in announcing her hire. Boyd most recently was EVP Global Media at Sony Pictures and also served as a studio rep for MPAA and Creative America Coalition. Before Sony she did stints as VP Corporate Communications at Fox Interactive Media and at AOL.
Participant Media Taps Former Sony Exec Ann Boyd As EVP Communications
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'