The newly created post includes oversight of the communications strategy and operations of Participant Media‘s film and documentary units, the new Pivot TV network and its digital lifestyle brand TakePart. Ann Boyd is joining the company as EVP Communications, reporting to CEO Jim Berk. “As Participant expands both globally and into new media, Ann will lead a multiplatform communications group charged with increasing the visibility of our content and reach of our social impact,” Berk said in announcing her hire. Boyd most recently was EVP Global Media at Sony Pictures and also served as a studio rep for MPAA and Creative America Coalition. Before Sony she did stints as VP Corporate Communications at Fox Interactive Media and at AOL.
Participant Media Taps Former Sony Exec Ann Boyd As EVP Communications
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- WGA Awards Live Blog & Winners List (Updating Live)
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International Box…
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 2: Emma Stone, Matt Damon, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake & More
- 'I Am Not Your Negro' Tops $3.2M, 'Everybody Loves Somebody' Opens at $1M – Specialty Box Office
- Mark Duplass Urges Oscar Win For Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?