Oxygen Media has officially unveiled its half-hour hidden camera reality series Celebrities Undercover (see the trailer below), which will premiere March 18 following the debut of another new series, Chasing Maria Menounos. In June, the network quietly gave a green light to Celebrities Undercover (then Secret Celebrity) executive produced by talk show host Wendy Williams under her first-look deal at Oxygen. Each episode features two celebrities concealing their true identity with the use of prosthetic makeup to find out what unsuspecting fans and friends really think of them. In the series premiere, Williams goes undercover as a member of her own audience, and Keeping Up With The Kardashians star Kim Kardashian disguises herself at a group job interview as a fan hoping to become her new assistant. (Kardashian’s involvement represents corporate synergy as Keeping Up With The Kardashains airs on Oxygen sibling E!) Also set to appear on the series are T-Pain, Fantasia, Joey Fatone, Lil’ Kim, Chili, Adrienne Bailon, Ice-T and Coco and Real Housewives franchise stars Luann De Lesseps and Kandi Burruss. Celebrities Undercover is produced by T Group Prods., with Jenny Daly, Gunnar Wetterberg, Billy Rainey, Lisa Knapp, Jill Ramsey, Kevin Hunter and Wendy Williams-Hunter serving as executive producers.
Oxygen Slates Hidden Camera Series ‘Celebrities Undercover’ Produced By Wendy Williams & Featuring Kim Kardashian: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips