Oxygen Media has officially unveiled its half-hour hidden camera reality series Celebrities Undercover (see the trailer below), which will premiere March 18 following the debut of another new series, Chasing Maria Menounos. In June, the network quietly gave a green light to Celebrities Undercover (then Secret Celebrity) executive produced by talk show host Wendy Williams under her first-look deal at Oxygen. Each episode features two celebrities concealing their true identity with the use of prosthetic makeup to find out what unsuspecting fans and friends really think of them. In the series premiere, Williams goes undercover as a member of her own audience, and Keeping Up With The Kardashians star Kim Kardashian disguises herself at a group job interview as a fan hoping to become her new assistant. (Kardashian’s involvement represents corporate synergy as Keeping Up With The Kardashains airs on Oxygen sibling E!) Also set to appear on the series are T-Pain, Fantasia, Joey Fatone, Lil’ Kim, Chili, Adrienne Bailon, Ice-T and Coco and Real Housewives franchise stars Luann De Lesseps and Kandi Burruss. Celebrities Undercover is produced by T Group Prods., with Jenny Daly, Gunnar Wetterberg, Billy Rainey, Lisa Knapp, Jill Ramsey, Kevin Hunter and Wendy Williams-Hunter serving as executive producers.
Oxygen Slates Hidden Camera Series ‘Celebrities Undercover’ Produced By Wendy Williams & Featuring Kim Kardashian: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Has Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo
- HBO ‘Night Of Too Many Stars’ Sees Host Jon Stewart Spar With Stephen Colbert
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem