The Season 2 debut of Tyler Perry’s drama smashed its own ratings and viewership records last night with 2.8 million tuning in for The Haves And The Have Nots. That’s a 57% leap up from the 1.77 million who watched the Season 1 debut on May 28 and makes last night’s show the No. 1 season premiere in OWN’s 3-year-plus history. Tuesday’s Haves And Have Nots also saw a 59% rise among W25-54 over the Season 1 opener. With a 7% bop upward, last night’s premiere also beat the 2.6 million who tuned in for the Season 1 finale on September 3. Overall, the return of the Perry-produced series was the second-best telecast in OWN history among the W25-54 demo (2.49 rating, 1.1 million), behind the March 11, 2012, episode of Oprah’s Next Chapter with Whitney Houston’s daughter Bobbi Kristina. It is the third-most-watched broadcast ever on the network behind the Houston interview and the January 17, 2013, Oprah’s Next Chapter with Lance Armstrong.
OWN’s ‘The Haves & The Have Nots’ Returns With Series & Network High
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More Ram
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess
- Josh Meyers Upped To Series Regular On ‘Red Oaks’
- Rick Santorum Announces Candidacy To ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos
- Randy Jackson Inks Overall Producing Deal With Endemol Shine North America
- YouTube’s ‘The Gorburger Show’ Moving To TV With HBO Pilot Order