The Season 2 debut of Tyler Perry’s drama smashed its own ratings and viewership records last night with 2.8 million tuning in for The Haves And The Have Nots. That’s a 57% leap up from the 1.77 million who watched the Season 1 debut on May 28 and makes last night’s show the No. 1 season premiere in OWN’s 3-year-plus history. Tuesday’s Haves And Have Nots also saw a 59% rise among W25-54 over the Season 1 opener. With a 7% bop upward, last night’s premiere also beat the 2.6 million who tuned in for the Season 1 finale on September 3. Overall, the return of the Perry-produced series was the second-best telecast in OWN history among the W25-54 demo (2.49 rating, 1.1 million), behind the March 11, 2012, episode of Oprah’s Next Chapter with Whitney Houston’s daughter Bobbi Kristina. It is the third-most-watched broadcast ever on the network behind the Houston interview and the January 17, 2013, Oprah’s Next Chapter with Lance Armstrong.
OWN’s ‘The Haves & The Have Nots’ Returns With Series & Network High
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘Making History’: Fox Cuts Order Of Midseason Comedy Series To 9 Episodes
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Bob Greenblatt: ‘The Voice,’ ‘This Is Us’ Are The “Antidote To The World We Live In”
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”