The Season 2 debut of Tyler Perry’s drama smashed its own ratings and viewership records last night with 2.8 million tuning in for The Haves And The Have Nots. That’s a 57% leap up from the 1.77 million who watched the Season 1 debut on May 28 and makes last night’s show the No. 1 season premiere in OWN’s 3-year-plus history. Tuesday’s Haves And Have Nots also saw a 59% rise among W25-54 over the Season 1 opener. With a 7% bop upward, last night’s premiere also beat the 2.6 million who tuned in for the Season 1 finale on September 3. Overall, the return of the Perry-produced series was the second-best telecast in OWN history among the W25-54 demo (2.49 rating, 1.1 million), behind the March 11, 2012, episode of Oprah’s Next Chapter with Whitney Houston’s daughter Bobbi Kristina. It is the third-most-watched broadcast ever on the network behind the Houston interview and the January 17, 2013, Oprah’s Next Chapter with Lance Armstrong.
OWN’s ‘The Haves & The Have Nots’ Returns With Series & Network High
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…