EXCLUSIVE: The documentary’s not finished yet but it already has a place at the Oscilloscope Laboratories table. The company announced today that they’ve acquired the worldwide rights to the still in production Soul Of A Banquet. Directed by Joy Luck Club and Maid In Manhattan helmer Wayne Wang, the pic looks at the life and legacy of restaurateur Cecilia Chiang. Opening The Mandarin in San Francisco in 1961, Chang brought authentic Chinese cuisine to the U.S. “We’re absolutely thrilled to be able to bring Wayne’s deeply touching and wonderfully delicious portrait to audiences. It’s a late Christmas gift to O-Scope – and what better way for two Jewish boys to celebrate Christmas than with Chinese food?,” said the company’s Dan Berger and David Laub today in a statement. The pic is produced by Wang, Richard Wong and Jonathan Bing. Oscilloscope plan to debut Soul Of A Banquet later this year.
Oscilloscope Takes A Bite Of Wayne Wang’s Chinese Food Docu
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest Film News
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Super Bowl Spot: Multi-Media In The Rain Forest
- ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Super Bowl Trailer: Kind Of Like ‘Close Encounters’?
- ‘Deadpool’ Super Bowl Trailer: Snark And Bloodshed
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Super Bowl TV Spot: “You Chose The Wrong Side”
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Revenant’, ‘Martian’ & More In Global Milestones; ‘Kung Fu Panda’ Tops $100M In China – Intl Box…