EXCLUSIVE: The documentary’s not finished yet but it already has a place at the Oscilloscope Laboratories table. The company announced today that they’ve acquired the worldwide rights to the still in production Soul Of A Banquet. Directed by Joy Luck Club and Maid In Manhattan helmer Wayne Wang, the pic looks at the life and legacy of restaurateur Cecilia Chiang. Opening The Mandarin in San Francisco in 1961, Chang brought authentic Chinese cuisine to the U.S. “We’re absolutely thrilled to be able to bring Wayne’s deeply touching and wonderfully delicious portrait to audiences. It’s a late Christmas gift to O-Scope – and what better way for two Jewish boys to celebrate Christmas than with Chinese food?,” said the company’s Dan Berger and David Laub today in a statement. The pic is produced by Wang, Richard Wong and Jonathan Bing. Oscilloscope plan to debut Soul Of A Banquet later this year.
Oscilloscope Takes A Bite Of Wayne Wang’s Chinese Food Docu
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update
- Cannes Winners 2015: Rooney Mara, Emmanuelle Bercot Share Best Actress – Live
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Bows With $26.7M Overseas, ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Gains $15.2M
- Aishwarya Rai On Return To Film With ‘Jazbaa’ Helmer Sanjay Gupta – Video
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes