EXCLUSIVE: The documentary’s not finished yet but it already has a place at the Oscilloscope Laboratories table. The company announced today that they’ve acquired the worldwide rights to the still in production Soul Of A Banquet. Directed by Joy Luck Club and Maid In Manhattan helmer Wayne Wang, the pic looks at the life and legacy of restaurateur Cecilia Chiang. Opening The Mandarin in San Francisco in 1961, Chang brought authentic Chinese cuisine to the U.S. “We’re absolutely thrilled to be able to bring Wayne’s deeply touching and wonderfully delicious portrait to audiences. It’s a late Christmas gift to O-Scope – and what better way for two Jewish boys to celebrate Christmas than with Chinese food?,” said the company’s Dan Berger and David Laub today in a statement. The pic is produced by Wang, Richard Wong and Jonathan Bing. Oscilloscope plan to debut Soul Of A Banquet later this year.
Oscilloscope Takes A Bite Of Wayne Wang’s Chinese Food Docu
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’
- Belgium Selects ‘The Ardennes’ For Foreign Language Oscar Race; Korea Taps Spy Film ‘Age Of Shadows’
- Kaitlyn Dever & Hannah Murray Joins Kathryn Bigelow’s Detroit Riots Pic; Indie ‘Walden’ Adds Demián Bichir & T.J…
- Kathryn Bigelow Adds Cast To Mark Boal-Scripted Detroit Movie
- Chris Parnell Enrolls In New Line’s ‘Life Of The Party’; Nicky Whelan Joins ‘Tragedy Girls’
- ‘Finding Steve McQueen’ Helmed By Mark Steven Johnson With Forest Whitaker, Travis Fimmel, Kate Bosworth, Others