EXCLUSIVE: The documentary’s not finished yet but it already has a place at the Oscilloscope Laboratories table. The company announced today that they’ve acquired the worldwide rights to the still in production Soul Of A Banquet. Directed by Joy Luck Club and Maid In Manhattan helmer Wayne Wang, the pic looks at the life and legacy of restaurateur Cecilia Chiang. Opening The Mandarin in San Francisco in 1961, Chang brought authentic Chinese cuisine to the U.S. “We’re absolutely thrilled to be able to bring Wayne’s deeply touching and wonderfully delicious portrait to audiences. It’s a late Christmas gift to O-Scope – and what better way for two Jewish boys to celebrate Christmas than with Chinese food?,” said the company’s Dan Berger and David Laub today in a statement. The pic is produced by Wang, Richard Wong and Jonathan Bing. Oscilloscope plan to debut Soul Of A Banquet later this year.
Oscilloscope Takes A Bite Of Wayne Wang’s Chinese Food Docu
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Hit Low, CBS & Fox Tackled By NFL Overruns
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms