Producer Daniel Laikind has been tapped to succeed Charlie Corwin as CEO of Original Media. The post had been vacant since October, when Corwin was named co-chairman and co-CEO of Original parent company Endemol North America. Laikind will oversee reality development, including first-run unscripted cable television programming. He will be based in Original Media’s New York office. “Daniel has had a profound impact on the unscripted genre in both long form and short form and is known for creating edgy, quality content,” Corwin said. “I love his work.” Laikind co-founded Stick Figure Productions, where he served as President of Development and Production, overseeing such series as Amish In The City (UPN), #1 Single With Lisa Loeb (E!), Family Bonds (HBO) and Kimora: Life In The Fab Lane (Style). In 2013, Stick Figure was sold to Ora.tv. Original Media’s portfolio includes Ink Master (Spike), Comic Book Men (AMC), LA Ink (TLC), Miami Ink (TLC), The Gayle King Show (OWN), The Rachel Zoe Project (Bravo), Storm Chasers (Discovery) and Swamp People (History).
Original Media Taps Daniel Laikind As New CEO
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot