Producer Daniel Laikind has been tapped to succeed Charlie Corwin as CEO of Original Media. The post had been vacant since October, when Corwin was named co-chairman and co-CEO of Original parent company Endemol North America. Laikind will oversee reality development, including first-run unscripted cable television programming. He will be based in Original Media’s New York office. “Daniel has had a profound impact on the unscripted genre in both long form and short form and is known for creating edgy, quality content,” Corwin said. “I love his work.” Laikind co-founded Stick Figure Productions, where he served as President of Development and Production, overseeing such series as Amish In The City (UPN), #1 Single With Lisa Loeb (E!), Family Bonds (HBO) and Kimora: Life In The Fab Lane (Style). In 2013, Stick Figure was sold to Ora.tv. Original Media’s portfolio includes Ink Master (Spike), Comic Book Men (AMC), LA Ink (TLC), Miami Ink (TLC), The Gayle King Show (OWN), The Rachel Zoe Project (Bravo), Storm Chasers (Discovery) and Swamp People (History).
Original Media Taps Daniel Laikind As New CEO
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring