Producer Daniel Laikind has been tapped to succeed Charlie Corwin as CEO of Original Media. The post had been vacant since October, when Corwin was named co-chairman and co-CEO of Original parent company Endemol North America. Laikind will oversee reality development, including first-run unscripted cable television programming. He will be based in Original Media’s New York office. “Daniel has had a profound impact on the unscripted genre in both long form and short form and is known for creating edgy, quality content,” Corwin said. “I love his work.” Laikind co-founded Stick Figure Productions, where he served as President of Development and Production, overseeing such series as Amish In The City (UPN), #1 Single With Lisa Loeb (E!), Family Bonds (HBO) and Kimora: Life In The Fab Lane (Style). In 2013, Stick Figure was sold to Ora.tv. Original Media’s portfolio includes Ink Master (Spike), Comic Book Men (AMC), LA Ink (TLC), Miami Ink (TLC), The Gayle King Show (OWN), The Rachel Zoe Project (Bravo), Storm Chasers (Discovery) and Swamp People (History).
Original Media Taps Daniel Laikind As New CEO
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates