“No other media company today can do this,” NBCUniversal Ad Sales President Linda Yaccarino says of the new initiative called “NBCU+ Powered By Comcast.” The goal is to give national advertisers additional audience data — beyond age and gender — to help them decide what brands to promote on which shows. But it also will help them to aim particular spots at particular Comcast subscribers who watch shows on VOD, where ad skipping is disabled. “It’s almost like the cherry on top,” she says. “We’re here to help clients move inventory.” Execs hope to help advertisers who are struggling to make sense of the flood of data that they now receive. NBCU hasn’t determined how much extra it will charge. “The pricing will find balance in the marketplace,” Yaccarino says. She adds that NBCU will continue to “keep sophisticating the product.” The initiative is one of several that NBCU plans to introduce with Comcast Media 360 that take advantage of the company’s combination of content and distribution.
NBCU Unveils Plans To Sell Targeted Ads On Comcast Systems
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Business News
- Jack Pan Departs As STX Marketing President, Eddie Egan Becomes Interim Boss
- Wanda Group In Talks To Add Dick Clark Productions To Global Media Armada
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers
- Nathan Lane, John Slattery Are ‘Front Page’ News At Broadway Box Office
- Disney Exploring A Possible Twitter Bid: Report
- EuropaCorp Sets Production & Acquisition Team With Promotions & New Hires