NBC followed up the two comedy pilot orders this afternoon with a pickup for drama Coercion (formerly M.I.C.E.). Based on the Israeli format The Gordin Cell, the project hails from Universal Television and Keshet Media Group, which is behind the original series; along with Israeli satcaster YES, which airs it; and Tedy Prods, which produces it. Written-directed by George Nolfi, the high-octane thriller revolves around the O’Connor family and their son, Alex, a decorated American war hero and CIA analyst who is a true patriot and loves his country and family. Unbeknownst to him, both of his parents and his sister are part of a dormant Russian sleeper cell that has just been reactivated. Once the parents are reluctantly pulled back in, the stakes rise they are coerced into spying on their own son and turning him against his country. (Watch below a scene from the original series with subtitles.) NBC brass have been very high on the format. This is the network’s second stab at adapting it; last season, it teamed with Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey’s Film 44, with Berg writing the script. They are no longer involved. Nolfi is executive producing the pilot with Keshet CEO Avi Nir. Also expected to exec produce are Ron Lesham and Amit Cohen, who developed the original series; YES’ Yona Wiesenthal; and Giora Yahalom.
NBC Picks Up Thriller Drama Pilot Based On Israeli Series ‘The Gordin Cell’: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest TV News
- Hulu Acquires Ron Howard’s Beatles Documentary To Launch Docu Films Arm
- ‘The Path’ Renewed For Season 2 By Hulu
- A+E Networks Pacts With Pulse Films, East Entertainment For Intl Distribution
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real…