The last surviving female Munchkin from the 1939 classic The Wizard Of Oz died Thursday at a Las Vegas hospice after a brief illness. Ruth Robinson Duccini was 95. Her death was confirmed by longtime friend Stephen Cox, author of The Munchkins Of Oz. Duccini’s only other acting gig after her uncredited role in Oz was the 1981 Chevy Chase-Carrie Fisher comedy Under The Rainbow. She was one of a half-dozen Oz veterans who attended the unveiling of the Munchkins star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2007 (that’s her on the left in the photo), and she was a guest of honor at the world premiere of The Wizard Of Oz in IMAX 3D in September. Her death leaves Jerry Maren, who turns 94 next week, as the lone surviving Munchkin from the Judy Garland musical.
R.I.P. ‘Oz’ Munchkin Ruth Robinson Duccini
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'
- TNT Nabs Rights To Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games' & 'Divergent' Franchises
- AFI Directing Workshop For Women Announces Episodic Program
- Hot Trailer: 'Innocence'