The last surviving female Munchkin from the 1939 classic The Wizard Of Oz died Thursday at a Las Vegas hospice after a brief illness. Ruth Robinson Duccini was 95. Her death was confirmed by longtime friend Stephen Cox, author of The Munchkins Of Oz. Duccini’s only other acting gig after her uncredited role in Oz was the 1981 Chevy Chase-Carrie Fisher comedy Under The Rainbow. She was one of a half-dozen Oz veterans who attended the unveiling of the Munchkins star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2007 (that’s her on the left in the photo), and she was a guest of honor at the world premiere of The Wizard Of Oz in IMAX 3D in September. Her death leaves Jerry Maren, who turns 94 next week, as the lone surviving Munchkin from the Judy Garland musical.
R.I.P. ‘Oz’ Munchkin Ruth Robinson Duccini
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Towards Future Of Paramount
- ‘Han Solo Star Wars’ Movie Underway: First Look
- SXSW 2017: Bob Odenkirk, Chris Hardwick & Whitney Cummings Among Lineup For Comedy Festival
- ‘Atlanta’s Bryan Tyree Henry Joins ‘White Boy Rick’