EXCLUSIVE: Comedy writer-producer Mike Sikowitz is staying at Sony Pictures Television with a new overall deal. Under the rich seven-figure pact, which I hear is for three years, he will continue to develop projects for the studio. Sikowitz was among Sony’s most prolific writers last development season, landing two pilot orders, for Welcome To The Family at NBC and Divorce at ABC. The first went to series that aired on Thursday last fall, and the second came close to a series pickup, with ABC keeping it in contention past May and Sony extending the options on the cast. Sikowitz, repped by ICM Partners and attorney Michael Gendler, previously served as an executive producer on Sony’s long-running CBS comedy series Rules Of Engagement. His credits also include CBS’ The Class, Fox’s Grounded for Life and NBC’s Friends.
Mike Sikowitz Signs New Overall Deal With Sony TV
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'