EXCLUSIVE: Comedy writer-producer Mike Sikowitz is staying at Sony Pictures Television with a new overall deal. Under the rich seven-figure pact, which I hear is for three years, he will continue to develop projects for the studio. Sikowitz was among Sony’s most prolific writers last development season, landing two pilot orders, for Welcome To The Family at NBC and Divorce at ABC. The first went to series that aired on Thursday last fall, and the second came close to a series pickup, with ABC keeping it in contention past May and Sony extending the options on the cast. Sikowitz, repped by ICM Partners and attorney Michael Gendler, previously served as an executive producer on Sony’s long-running CBS comedy series Rules Of Engagement. His credits also include CBS’ The Class, Fox’s Grounded for Life and NBC’s Friends.
Mike Sikowitz Signs New Overall Deal With Sony TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Female Ensemble Comedy From ‘Faking It’ Creators
- Ellen Wong Joins Netflix’s ‘G.L.O.W.; ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Adds Sydney Morton
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur
- Sony Pictures Int’l Pacts With Producers Eduardo Cisneros & Jason Shuman
- ‘Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour’ Concert Film To Premiere On Showtime