EXCLUSIVE: Comedy writer-producer Mike Sikowitz is staying at Sony Pictures Television with a new overall deal. Under the rich seven-figure pact, which I hear is for three years, he will continue to develop projects for the studio. Sikowitz was among Sony’s most prolific writers last development season, landing two pilot orders, for Welcome To The Family at NBC and Divorce at ABC. The first went to series that aired on Thursday last fall, and the second came close to a series pickup, with ABC keeping it in contention past May and Sony extending the options on the cast. Sikowitz, repped by ICM Partners and attorney Michael Gendler, previously served as an executive producer on Sony’s long-running CBS comedy series Rules Of Engagement. His credits also include CBS’ The Class, Fox’s Grounded for Life and NBC’s Friends.
Mike Sikowitz Signs New Overall Deal With Sony TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips
- CBS Buys Adaptation Of British Comedy 'Friday Night Dinner' As Put Pilot