Mike Sikowitz has taken on his first assignment under the rich new overall deal he just signed with Sony Pictures Television. The comedy writer-producer has joined the studio’s CBS multi-camera comedy pilot The McCarthys as executive producer/showrunner. The McCarthys, from Sony TV and Will Gluck’s Olive Bridge Entertainment, was retooled as multi-camera after shooting a single-camera pilot last season. Written/co-executive produced by Brian Gallivan, The McCarthys revolves around a big, sports-crazed Irish Catholic clan in Boston and the gay son (Tyler Ritter) whose greatest sin is not his sexuality but his desire to spend less time with his family. Sikowitz will exec produce alongside Olive Bridge’s Gluck and Richie Schwartz. This marks a return to multi-camera comedy and to CBS for Sikowitz, who previously served as executive producer on Sony’s long-running CBS comedy series Rules Of Engagement. He is repped by ICM Partners and Michael Gendler.
Mike Sikowitz Joins CBS Comedy Pilot ‘The McCarthys’ As Showrunner
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'