Mike Sikowitz has taken on his first assignment under the rich new overall deal he just signed with Sony Pictures Television. The comedy writer-producer has joined the studio’s CBS multi-camera comedy pilot The McCarthys as executive producer/showrunner. The McCarthys, from Sony TV and Will Gluck’s Olive Bridge Entertainment, was retooled as multi-camera after shooting a single-camera pilot last season. Written/co-executive produced by Brian Gallivan, The McCarthys revolves around a big, sports-crazed Irish Catholic clan in Boston and the gay son (Tyler Ritter) whose greatest sin is not his sexuality but his desire to spend less time with his family. Sikowitz will exec produce alongside Olive Bridge’s Gluck and Richie Schwartz. This marks a return to multi-camera comedy and to CBS for Sikowitz, who previously served as executive producer on Sony’s long-running CBS comedy series Rules Of Engagement. He is repped by ICM Partners and Michael Gendler.
Mike Sikowitz Joins CBS Comedy Pilot ‘The McCarthys’ As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Red Oaks’ Appropriately Channels The ’80s In Faux TV Promo
- Donald Trump’s Debate 3 Performance Outstrips Cubs Game To Win Social Race
- ABC Buys Friends Comedy From ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Co-EP Christina Lee
- Louis C.K., Tracy Morgan & Ryan Reynolds Join ‘Conan’s First New York Week Since 2011
- Obamageddon The Final Ride: POTUS Now In L.A For ‘Kimmel’ & Last Fundraisers
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?