Mike Sikowitz has taken on his first assignment under the rich new overall deal he just signed with Sony Pictures Television. The comedy writer-producer has joined the studio’s CBS multi-camera comedy pilot The McCarthys as executive producer/showrunner. The McCarthys, from Sony TV and Will Gluck’s Olive Bridge Entertainment, was retooled as multi-camera after shooting a single-camera pilot last season. Written/co-executive produced by Brian Gallivan, The McCarthys revolves around a big, sports-crazed Irish Catholic clan in Boston and the gay son (Tyler Ritter) whose greatest sin is not his sexuality but his desire to spend less time with his family. Sikowitz will exec produce alongside Olive Bridge’s Gluck and Richie Schwartz. This marks a return to multi-camera comedy and to CBS for Sikowitz, who previously served as executive producer on Sony’s long-running CBS comedy series Rules Of Engagement. He is repped by ICM Partners and Michael Gendler.
Mike Sikowitz Joins CBS Comedy Pilot ‘The McCarthys’ As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Pens Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton
- ‘Hell On Wheels’ Series Finale Draws 2.5 Million Viewers In Live+3
- ‘Mercy Street’ Season 2 Stresses Drama Of Battle Scenes, Corset Lacing, And Fingernails
- Nat Geo Greenlights ‘The Long Road Home’ Event Series Based On Martha Raddatz Book
- Michael Giordano Upped To SVP Business Affairs At 20th Century Fox TV
- John Cena’s ‘American Grit’ Renewed For Second Season By Fox