Mike Sikowitz has taken on his first assignment under the rich new overall deal he just signed with Sony Pictures Television. The comedy writer-producer has joined the studio’s CBS multi-camera comedy pilot The McCarthys as executive producer/showrunner. The McCarthys, from Sony TV and Will Gluck’s Olive Bridge Entertainment, was retooled as multi-camera after shooting a single-camera pilot last season. Written/co-executive produced by Brian Gallivan, The McCarthys revolves around a big, sports-crazed Irish Catholic clan in Boston and the gay son (Tyler Ritter) whose greatest sin is not his sexuality but his desire to spend less time with his family. Sikowitz will exec produce alongside Olive Bridge’s Gluck and Richie Schwartz. This marks a return to multi-camera comedy and to CBS for Sikowitz, who previously served as executive producer on Sony’s long-running CBS comedy series Rules Of Engagement. He is repped by ICM Partners and Michael Gendler.
Mike Sikowitz Joins CBS Comedy Pilot ‘The McCarthys’ As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better