Michiel Huisman‘s star on HBO‘s Game Of Thrones is rising fast. Huisman, who joined the hit fantasy drama series as a recurring for the upcoming fourth season, is being made a regular for Season 5, which has not been picked up yet but that is simply a formality. Huisman’s casting in GOT was originally surrounded by secrecy as he replaced Ed Skrein in taking on the role of Daario Naharis, Daenerys’ (Emilia Clarke) new love interest who was first introduced in Season 3. This marks the second series regular role on an HBO drama for Huisman, who also co-starred on Treme. He has been recurring on ABC’s Nashville and was in World War Z. Huisman is repped by ICM Partners, Authentic, Frank Stewart and John Grant.
Michiel Huisman Upped To Regular On HBO’s ‘Game Of Thrones’ For Season 5
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'