Michael Douglas has become the second major casting for Ant-Man, the Disney/Marvel movie that stars Paul Rudd. Douglas, fresh off his Golden Globes win last night for Behind The Candelabra, will play Hank Pym, who first appeared in the comic in 1962. Pym is a scientist who was first Ant-Man then became Giant-Man, Goliath, and Yellowjacket in the comic’s mythology; no word on which persona Douglas’ Pym will take per the announcement unveiled today on Marvel.com. “With Hank Pym’s rich history in the Marvel Universe, we knew we needed an actor capable of bringing the weight and stature to the role that the character deserves,” said Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige in the post. “We felt incredibly relieved when Michael Douglas agreed to step into the part with the charm and fortitude he brings to every character he inhabits, and couldn’t be more excited to see what he will do to bring Hank Pym to life.” Edgar Wright is directing the superhero pic, which is due out July 31, 2015.
Michael Douglas Joins Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Before The Flood’ To Premiere Commercial Free Across Nat Geo Global Networks October 30
- ‘Crosscurrent’: First Trailer For Chinese Film That Won Berlin Silver Bear For Cinematography
- ‘Madea’ Has Strong Sunday, Now At $28M+ As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M+; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up…
- Toni Servillo & Matteo Garrone Reteam For ‘Pinocchio’
- Netflix Adds $800M In Debt To Fuel Original Content And Global Growth
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M But ‘Mechanic’ Puts Wrench Into China Perf; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ Advance – Intl…