MGM is kicking off a yearlong campaign to celebrate its birthday and has produced a trailer that will be shown in theaters, on MGM’s various channels and home video products, and via social media. As part of the celebration, the studio has built 4K restorations of titles for Blu-ray including Rocky, Rainman and The Good, The Bad And The Ugly, and the studio’s Leo the Lion is getting the pawprint treatment at the Chinese Theater this morning in Hollywood with Sylvester Stallone and CEO Gary Barber among those expected to attend. Although it is MGM’s 90th birthday, most of the highlights here are centered on the film library the studio still owns (lots of United Artists movies — James Bond, Pink Panther, etc). There’s not much on MGM’s Golden Era in the 1930s and ’40s — those rights were acquired by Turner and now held by Warner Bros. Still cool though. Check it out:
Hot Trailer: MGM’s 90th Anniversary Tribute
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’