Ethan Hawke and Asa Butterfield have signed on to star in the film adaptation of Eleanor Henderson’s novel Ten Thousands Saints. Maven Pictures and Archer Gray are producing the coming-of-age story set in the East Village Punk scene of 1987. Sent to live with his estranged father in Manhattan, the story follows Jude (Butterfield) on an unforgettable journey where he discovers love, music and forges a new connection with his dad Les (Hawke). Hailee Steinfeld (Ender’s Game, Romeo And Juliet, True Grit) also stars. Bob Pulcini and Shari Berman (American Splendor) will direct with producers Anne Carey and Amy Nauiokas for Archer Gray, Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray (Filth) for Maven, and Luca Borghese. CAA-repped Hawke (Gattaca, Before Midnight) is slated to star in the upcoming suspense thriller Regression and the Shakespeare adaptation Cymbeline. Butterfield’s credits include Hugo and Ender’s Game and he recently wrapped X Plus Y. He’s repped by CAA and Independent Talent Group.
Maven Pictures And Archer Gray Team On Eleanor Henderson’s ‘Ten Thousand Saints’ With Ethan Hawke & Asa Butterfield
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'