Ethan Hawke and Asa Butterfield have signed on to star in the film adaptation of Eleanor Henderson’s novel Ten Thousands Saints. Maven Pictures and Archer Gray are producing the coming-of-age story set in the East Village Punk scene of 1987. Sent to live with his estranged father in Manhattan, the story follows Jude (Butterfield) on an unforgettable journey where he discovers love, music and forges a new connection with his dad Les (Hawke). Hailee Steinfeld (Ender’s Game, Romeo And Juliet, True Grit) also stars. Bob Pulcini and Shari Berman (American Splendor) will direct with producers Anne Carey and Amy Nauiokas for Archer Gray, Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray (Filth) for Maven, and Luca Borghese. CAA-repped Hawke (Gattaca, Before Midnight) is slated to star in the upcoming suspense thriller Regression and the Shakespeare adaptation Cymbeline. Butterfield’s credits include Hugo and Ender’s Game and he recently wrapped X Plus Y. He’s repped by CAA and Independent Talent Group.
Maven Pictures And Archer Gray Team On Eleanor Henderson’s ‘Ten Thousand Saints’ With Ethan Hawke & Asa Butterfield
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster