Ethan Hawke and Asa Butterfield have signed on to star in the film adaptation of Eleanor Henderson’s novel Ten Thousands Saints. Maven Pictures and Archer Gray are producing the coming-of-age story set in the East Village Punk scene of 1987. Sent to live with his estranged father in Manhattan, the story follows Jude (Butterfield) on an unforgettable journey where he discovers love, music and forges a new connection with his dad Les (Hawke). Hailee Steinfeld (Ender’s Game, Romeo And Juliet, True Grit) also stars. Bob Pulcini and Shari Berman (American Splendor) will direct with producers Anne Carey and Amy Nauiokas for Archer Gray, Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray (Filth) for Maven, and Luca Borghese. CAA-repped Hawke (Gattaca, Before Midnight) is slated to star in the upcoming suspense thriller Regression and the Shakespeare adaptation Cymbeline. Butterfield’s credits include Hugo and Ender’s Game and he recently wrapped X Plus Y. He’s repped by CAA and Independent Talent Group.
Maven Pictures And Archer Gray Team On Eleanor Henderson’s ‘Ten Thousand Saints’ With Ethan Hawke & Asa Butterfield
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…