The former CNBC host will be doing double duty on cable for Fox. Maria Bartiromo will appear daily on Fox Business Network but also will host a weekly biz show on Fox News Channel every Sunday, it was announced today. After two decades at CNBC, Bartiromo made the jump to FBN last November. Today the CAA-repped host signed a multi-year contract as Global Markets Editor with FBN that will see her start at the upstart biz network on February 1. “I tapped Maria to report live from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange while at CNBC, and I am delighted to have her join me once again alongside our star lineup at FOX Business,” Fox News boss Roger Ailes said in a statement. No precise date has been set for when either of Bartiromo’s Fox shows will launch but they are expect to hit the air by the late spring.
Maria Bartiromo To Front Fox News Show, Joins Fox Business On Feb. 1
Trending Now on Deadline
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
More From Patten
- 'Femme Fatales' Actress' Loses Legal Move Against Cinemax Late Night Series Producer
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Rise, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Up Again, ABC's Night Steady
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Soar Behind Peyton Manning's Record-Breaking TD Pass
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Surge, 'America's Next Top Model' Falls, 'Cristela' Steady In Week 2 As ABC Wins Night In Demo Again
- 'Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways' Review: Dominic Patten Laments HBO & Dave Grohl's Bad Note
- 'New Girl' Copyright Suit Dismissed Against Fox, Peter Chernin & WME