EXCLUSIVE: Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara now have a third wheel in Carol. Hot off snagging the lead in Netflix‘s upcoming psychological thriller from the Damages creators, Kyle Chandler has now also joined the Todd Haynes-directed film. Picked up by the Weinstein Company in Cannes last year, Carol chronicles the burgeoning and tempestuous relationship between two very different women in 1950s NYC. Oscar winner Blanchett plays the older of the two, a wife trapped in a dead marriage who’s desperate to leave but also fears losing her daughter if she does. Friday Night Lights alum Chandler, who can currently be seen in The Wolf Of Wall Street, plays Harge, the Blanchett character’s jealous husband. Filming is scheduled to start in mid-March on the Phyllis Nagy penned adaptation of The Talented Mr. Ripley author Patricia Highsmith’s novella The Price Of Salt. Sarah Paulson also stars in the film. Chandler is repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Kyle Chandler Joins Todd Haynes’ ‘Carol’
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest Film News
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…
- NEON Snags Rights To ‘Monsters And Men’ At Sundance
- 'Come Sunday' Director Joshua Marston On His Subject Having Faith In Him – Sundance Studio
- ‘The Rose’ Broadway Musical In The Works From The Jackal Group
- ‘White Fang’ Star Nick Offerman Enthuses Over Pic’s “Important” Environmental Message…
- Jack Henry Robbins Continues Exploration Of VHS Format With ‘Painting With Joan’ — Sundance Studio