EXCLUSIVE: Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara now have a third wheel in Carol. Hot off snagging the lead in Netflix‘s upcoming psychological thriller from the Damages creators, Kyle Chandler has now also joined the Todd Haynes-directed film. Picked up by the Weinstein Company in Cannes last year, Carol chronicles the burgeoning and tempestuous relationship between two very different women in 1950s NYC. Oscar winner Blanchett plays the older of the two, a wife trapped in a dead marriage who’s desperate to leave but also fears losing her daughter if she does. Friday Night Lights alum Chandler, who can currently be seen in The Wolf Of Wall Street, plays Harge, the Blanchett character’s jealous husband. Filming is scheduled to start in mid-March on the Phyllis Nagy penned adaptation of The Talented Mr. Ripley author Patricia Highsmith’s novella The Price Of Salt. Sarah Paulson also stars in the film. Chandler is repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Kyle Chandler Joins Todd Haynes’ ‘Carol’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts