EXCLUSIVE: A French book, Alexandre Dumas’ The Count Of Monte Cristo, was the inspiration for ABC’s Revenge. Now the soapy drama is beefing up its French connection by promoting actress Karine Vanasse to a regular for Season 4. Vanesse joined Revenge with the third season premiere in September as a recurring and has appeared in virtually every episode. She plays French heiress Margaux LeMarchal who knew the Graysons growing up and is here to start the American version of Voulez Magazine while also romancing Jack Porter (Nick Wechsler). This midseason, Revenge is moving to the Sunday 10 PM slot, which was the home of the series that introduced French Canadian actress Vanasse to American TV, ABC period drama Pan Am. A Season 4 renewal decision on Revenge is expected in May but a move now would secure Vanasse at the onset of pilot season.
Karine Vanasse Upped To Regular On ABC’s ‘Revenge’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over